Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    It's 5:07, and I'm at 43%. Off charger at 6:10am, several texts, about 40 minutes of talking, and showing the phone off to a few people today as well.

Much improved since day 1
    Took it off at 4:00am it is now 8:09pm and I am at 50%, I would consider today lightly used. This is very exciting!
    I Changed my email to every 6 hours and my battery life from 730am to 530pm (leaving work) was 89%! Thats with playing a few songs on my phone a little bit of Where? app this morning and about 3 calls during work. Same time yesterday with email set to as available and about the same amount of usage the battery was down to 38%.

Looks like for me the email was the biggest killer. Tommorrow I'm gonna turn on the Wi-Fi to see if I get even better results.
    Oh and just checked it again now 830 still the same charge. 76%
    At 4pm today I was at 35%. I just happened to check (:
    As I understand it, even Li-ion batteries should be drained a couple of times first up (mainly to calibrate the level indication). This is probably particularly relevant to Touchstone users'.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Just an update from earlier...phone off touchstone at 7:30am. I use 4 email address all set to 1 hour sync except for 1 gmail account set to "as items arrive". Had WiFi on all day, had a good 5-ish phone calls, several text messages, lots of emails (only a few that got responded to), watched SprintTV for 30-ish minutes, watched a couple movie trailers from Fandango and even used it to navigate several webpages today (some on wifi, some on EVDO).

It is now 9:05 and I am still at 40% battery!

The battery certainly isn't as good as my BB Curve was (though tbh, I doubt I actually used my BB as much) but I am more than satisfied with my battery so far...

P.S. I do not use any IM address on my phone since I heard that AIM kills the battery and that is my main IM profile.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I'm wondering if there could be some bad batts? I turned almost everything off and had a full charge when I took it off at 6pm. I touch the phone until 8pm and only had 3 emails, no calls or text and my batt was at 29%.

With that kind of drain I really need to keep the phone on a charger all day.
    My battery life seems to be improving day over day.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    here is a picture to reveal to all the biggest culprit of battery DRAIN!

not necessarily true. im always logged in and my battery has been great.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I just took the temp using an mechanic type (IR I think) temp gauge and it read 104F while charging... That seems hot. I'm wondering if I have a defective batt/Pre.
    OK what do you sacrifice by turning off GPS? Google Maps still found me with the same precision....I have turned off GPS after work today and am noticing an immediate difference...which makes sense if the GPS function makes the phone constantly hunt for GPS satellites.

Also does "auto locate" really save much? Isn't that just saying automatically yes when an app wants your location? If that app is closed, then you wouldn't see any difference, correct?
    I bought a touchstone and put it beside my bed thinking I'd just be able to drop it on each night and pick it up each morning. But so far I've had to bring the USB cable to work to avoid running out of battery before I come back home.

Maybe I'll buy another Touchstone...of course, that's what they want us to do.
    As of 4PM mine was on 70% with some emailing, browsing and one or two calls.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I ended up buying a touchstone for home and work, around $55 each with the 20% discount you get for buying 2 accessories.

Can't take the stress of the phone running down everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhoepfin View Post
    I ended up buying a touchstone for home and work, around $55 each with the 20% discount you get for buying 2 accessories.

Can't take the stress of the phone running down everyday.
    Did you just pick up a generic USB cable for your 2nd touchstone?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Battery getting better?

It seemt that every day im getting better battery life....so think im gonna start a new thread " Its 4pm is your battery getting better?"
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    Battery getting better?

It seemt that every day im getting better battery life....so think im gonna start a new thread " Its 4pm is your battery getting better?"
    Mine also appears to be improving. Actually, I forgot to charge it night before last - yikes! Last night I was around 24% when I connected it to charge after only moderate use - particularly talking, texting, and calendaring - for the almost two days.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christopheralake View Post
    I'm at 56% which isn't too bad considering I've been fondling it all day
    Lol. Fondling. Gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by ken@weboshelp.net View Post
    I bought a touchstone and put it beside my bed thinking I'd just be able to drop it on each night and pick it up each morning. But so far I've had to bring the USB cable to work to avoid running out of battery before I come back home.

Maybe I'll buy another Touchstone...of course, that's what they want us to do.
    Im in the same boat. It is absolutely infuriating to pay $70 for the touchstone and it does not include a cable. I am shuttling the USB cable back and forth until my monoprice.com order comes in.
    HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!