Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    100% But that is also because I leave mine connected to the PC while I am at my desk.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Took it off the charger at 7 AM this morning. Now 5:20 I'm at 37%. Wifi on, GPS off, Autolocate On. Work Exchange (numerous email) and Gmail push set at as they arrive. Some websurfing, a little Sprint TV. Not bad. I carry an extra battery in my laptop bag, haven't needed it so far. Using a Centro Battery today by the way. Same performance as the stock Palm Pre I used yesterday.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcarroll View Post
    Left this morning at 7:30 with 100% charge.. No Wifi, IM, GPS, BT, etc on.. Gmail checked every 1 hour..very minimal usage today.. my phone was 47% at lunch and it died by 2:30.. This has happened two days in a row now with basically not using the phone..That is only 7 hrs of standby time.. My phone has been like this since I bought it on Sat.. I leave it charged overnight, but this thing will not keep a charge
    I don't know why but my battery seems to last longer when I have my email set to "as they arrive"
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Its 4:20 here! Well now 4:21, I've got 26%, i've been texting quite a bit, using the web browser quite a bit and showing it off to all of my friends. So its not too bad at all! I've been charging it overnight every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    Does anyone with good battery performance NOT have their screen brightness turned all the way down?
    My brightness settings are at about 25%. So it's not as low as it can go but it's a little less than the default setting. And I remember to press Power whenever I finish with what I'm doing so the screen shuts off right away instead of letting it auto-shut off.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Took off charger at 4:30am; it is now 5:20 and I'm at 32% No phome, very little web, lots of txt lots of showing it off, & e-mail. Yesterday I was at 6% with about the same usage.
    Signed it late...it's 5:30. 40%. Pulled it off the touchstone at 12:00. I've texted three different people since then, along with 4 phone calls. Of the calls, one was around 45 minutes long.
    I tried it with that email setting yesterday.. same results though
    It's 4:30 here now. Took it off the charger at 7am. Very light usage today...read a few emails. Mostly been sitting idle in my pocket.
    47%
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    My Pre is at 65% at 4:27pm Central have not charged at all during the day, started the day at 7am. I have done about 45 mins of talk time incoming and outgoing . I have about 25 sms txt messages, 18 incoming emails using Gmail set to push as arrive. I have sent 7 emails out today, total 25 emails. I have down loaded 3 new apps and played with them some during the day. During lunch added 5 new contacts and took the time to set up speed dials and quick launch from the icon screen. on the web about 20-30mins using EDVO at lunch, another 15 mins or so using Wifi. Listen to MP3's for about 20 mins or so.

Also get excellent reception, My office with windows is right next to interstate which also very close to a Sprint tower, get 4-5 bars all day EDVO.

My set up.

One - gmail account, all other accounts push thru gmail.

No - IM accounts (never use it during work day)

NO Blue tooth

No GPS.

Everything else turned on
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcarroll View Post
    Left this morning at 7:30 with 100% charge.. No Wifi, IM, GPS, BT, etc on.. Gmail checked every 1 hour..very minimal usage today.. my phone was 47% at lunch and it died by 2:30.. This has happened two days in a row now with basically not using the phone..That is only 7 hrs of standby time.. My phone has been like this since I bought it on Sat.. I leave it charged overnight, but this thing will not keep a charge
    Did you let it drain all the way down once?
    6:30am - 4:40pm few calls surfing etc 75% left

i feel for you guys with the issues
    Love the title
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCandy View Post
    Did you let it drain all the way down once?
    Yes.. Yesterday I had 20% around 2:00pm and it died of course before I got home from work.. Put on the charger all last night and same result today
    I took it off the charger (fully charged) around 12:50pm and it now has 20% left at 4:40pm! I have sent about 7 text messages, and received about 4 since then. The Sprint store also transferred my contacts over around 1:30pm, but other than that I have not used it. Bluetooth is off, Wifi is off, no apps are on. What is going on?!
    Had about 40 percent left now at 4:40 PM PST. Took it off the charger at around 8AM and have been doing light calling via BT, listening to music, surfing the net and using Sprint Navigation. I have to say battery life is pretty good.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Off the Touchstone at 8:00 am and now 7:52 PM (EDT) and @ 37%.

12 Calls total for today along with surfing, txt's and testing Sprint Nav.

Almost the same as my Centro.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    double post.... sorry
    Took it off the charger at 8am. Sent and received about 20 texts and emails.
    Made 4 short calls. 15 minutes browsing the web. Downloaded 1 app and bluetooth is on. My battery currently at 69%. It's 4:56pm right now.
    I'm having the signal strength thing intermittently, but I'm on the TS at work and USB at home. I'm going to rely on 2-3 TS's and an extra battery unless Seidio larger battery comes with a TS back panel.

Shame to spend so much money just to keep the thing powered up. Gadget lust is expensive.