Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by j2lawson View Post
    I've been running Pandora for about 5 hours, with a few emails and text messages, and am sitting at 30% now.
    wow i'm impressed. when pandora is running, mine would be nearly dead after 30%. you're streaming over wifi or evdo?
    48% with 6 hours of decent use - I had wifi on for a time and was browsing the web, and dozens of texts.
    I am at 38% remaining at 1:30 AZ time. Started at 7:30am with a full charge. a dozen or so emails and 1/2 hour phone call. Battery Life is an ISSUE with me as it appears to be insufficient.

I was in the store (no corp. sprint) to switch out a couple of other phones and the response was....uhhh we dont know why the battery life is bad and we dont have any other batteries in stock to switch out...

Ugh...
    My Pre is currently at 26% (came off the charger at about 7:45 ET this morning). I've made/received a few brief calls, read several emails, and done some Web surfing, but no chat, Pandora, or other heavy network use. I'm currently set to check 3 email accounts every 30 minutes. GPS and WiFi are on (but no WiFi network is available in the office), and my signal strength is all over the place (anywhere from 1-5 bars, switching between EVDO and 1xRTT, all semi-randomly, without any correlation to my position that I can see).

Battery life is the only thing I'm really unhappy about so far...
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toufrod View Post
    I thought it was a bad idea to not let the battery drain all the way down and recharge? no? doesn't it mess up the battery quick if you keep it always charging when not using?
    Theres some good threads on this. Basically, it's been determined (through various sources) that it's good to charge lithium-ion batteries as often as possible and NOT let them drain down to zero. This prolongs their life. Once in awhile though, every 30 charges or so, a full drain/recharge MAY be needed to reset the battery reading circuitry in order for the phone to read it correctly, but it has nothing to do with 'battery memory'.
    Battery is at 78%, been off the charger since 8am. I've sent about 30 texts and a few phone calls and emails and some time browsing the web. Wifi is on all day.

This time yesterday it was about 50%. I uninstalled tweed, that's the only thing I've done different between yesterday and today. After my discovery that programs run in the background even after you close them, I decided until Palm pushes an update to make battery life better it'd be best to get rid of some applications. I don't really use Twitter, anyway.

Today is much, much better!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrtdog View Post
    I am at 38% remaining at 1:30 AZ time. Started at 7:30am with a full charge. a dozen or so emails and 1/2 hour phone call. Battery Life is an ISSUE with me as it appears to be insufficient.

I was in the store (no corp. sprint) to switch out a couple of other phones and the response was....uhhh we dont know why the battery life is bad and we dont have any other batteries in stock to switch out...

Ugh...
    Nice car man, I drive a Concorde LXi and I love it.
    1:40 pm, took off charger at 8:40 am...40-50 text and maybe 10 emails. dl 1 app. changed background. ignored 5 or 6 calls. 46%.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    I think it's also important to note WHEN you purchased your Pre. I got mine on Saturday. My battery was horrible for the first few days, and then all of a sudden it's been great yesterday and today.

Some have noticed large amounts of bandwidth usage on Sprint's network, so perhaps the phone has been constantly transferring profile data to the Palm servers in the background for the first few days? And once everything is synced, then we get the improved battery life.

Just one of my theories...
    Ok I hope so, its only my second day.
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    Theres some good threads on this. Basically, it's been determined (through various sources) that it's good to charge lithium-ion batteries as often as possible and NOT let them drain down to zero. This prolongs their life. Once in awhile though, every 30 charges or so, a full drain/recharge MAY be needed to reset the battery reading circuitry in order for the phone to read it correctly, but it has nothing to do with 'battery memory'.
    Awesome, Thanx!
    Quote Originally Posted by robjulo View Post
    55% at 4:19.

Saw a big improvement from yesterday after shutting GPS off.
    Yeah - that's making a big difference for me too. GPS seems even more battery intensive than WiFi.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    here is a picture to reveal to all the biggest culprit of battery DRAIN!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    54% with moderate use. emails, texts, ims, and website browsing. and gtalk is always on.

bluetooth, gps, locate is on too. gmail push

and sucky signal at work. sucks. i would use wifi but doesnt work correctly at work. bummer.
    88% at 3:38 PM CST. Haven't used it very much at all today.
    By chance does anybody know when the seidio extended battery will be available?
    Mine is at 41% with medium usage from 8am to 4:40pm. internet, pandora, and tweed most of the time
    I am at 63% with about 10 phone calls, 20 texts, and checking about 30 emails. I have not had an issue with the battery life (yet), and I hope it stays that way. I get full bars here at work and home, although it better be that way since I am about 5 minutes from the Sprint campus/HQ.
    Left for work at 7:30am (PST) and have been in the office all day on the local wifi. I have used the internet a bit, Tweed, gmail, some texting and a few calls. Its 1:45pm (PST) and Im at 78%. Not bad I dont think...but I do want a Touchstone here at work to keep it 100%.
    it's only 1:42pm, my time. but after a moderate amount of use since 7am, i'm at 74%. it's a significant improvement over monday.
    evdo, I don't have access to the wifi network here at work.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast