Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    55% at 4:19.

Saw a big improvement from yesterday after shutting GPS off.
    82% Quite a bit of texting. Off the charger since 10:30 am.
    I'm at around 50%. I did the battery optimization (i.e. turning off unused features) in order to make it through part of the day. If Palm doesn't improve the battery life before my 30 days are up, I may return it. Essentially, the only way to get some decent battery life on the phone is to turn off everything that was the reason we bought the phone or just not use it at all.
    I'm debating if I want to get the 1350MaH Seido battery. I don't think that's a big enough jump and also the phone gets hot while charging, so I'm wonder how much hotter it would be with a higher rated battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andries View Post
    ouch man - i'm sorry - how' your signal strenght? is it constant?
    It seems ok strengh, maybe I have to delete AIM off the phone, does it really drain if i Don't even have it open on the screen? I assume it just running in the background on the OS somewhere. It's just like this thing is supposed to do all these things but then if you use any of them it dies too fast. Just venting lol
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Took my pre off the charger at 7:30am battery was at 100%. At 4:15pm it is at 87%.

I havent use the phone much today:

- Ive sent about 10-15 text messages
    - I have one gmail account set to "as items arrive" (have recieved about 15 emails today) I havent set-up my other email accounts yet becuase I get about 50 emails a day on each of my other two accounts and I figured I would set up just one for now as I test the battery.
    - Used google maps for about 10-15 minutes
    - Used the web browser to vist precentral for all of 5-10 minutes.
    Anytime I put the phone down I make sure I hit the sleep button to turn the screen off.

While at work i have great service I get a steady 4-5 bars of EVDO. When I am home however, I constantly jump from 1 bar of EVDO to 1x to Roming and my battery certainly suffers. I would say signal problems is one of the culprits in the pre's poor battery life. over the past 3 days I have been getting home from work at about 7pm with between 80%-70% battery life and with minimal usuage Im down to 10% by 10pm.
    Last edited by prebandit; 06/10/2009 at 03:26 PM.
    mine is at 20% with moderate use.
    Another 100-percent sitting on my new Touchstone. Yesterday at this time, before I hooked up the touchstone, I was sitting at about 70-percent with moderate usage.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    100% sitting on touchstone at work, thank good I bought two of them. One for home one for work.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    70%

- IMAP gmail
    - Watched a video 1/2 hour (youtube)
    - Constantly checking for reminders/email because the vibration alert is pretty much useless (until they release an update for constant "nudging")
    Mine is at 57%.
    Turning of Auto Locate made a huge difference.
    I barely made it until 2:00 yesterday.
    Also keeping it on wifi when I'm close to wifi seems to have helped.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prebandit View Post
    Took my pre off the charger at 7:30am battery was at 100%. At 4:15pm it is at 87%.

- I have one gmail account set to "as items arrive" (have recieved about 15 emails today) I havent set-up my other email accounts yet becuase I get about 50 emails a day on each of my other two accounts and I figured I would set up just one for now as I test the battery.
    Anytime I put the phone down I make sure I hit the sleep button to turn the screen off.
    Your results are impressive. I charge mine throughout the day so I can't compare my stats. I did decide to turn my screen brightness back up though. I don't like it turned all the way down.
    88% and it's only 1:30 for me here, but I took it off at 9. Some texts, wikipedia lookup to settle a lunchtime argument, and some email replies. Just usual usage.

This is after I let it die last night and charge over night. Yesterday in the same situation i would be in the low 60's
    Quote Originally Posted by prebandit View Post

Sounds about right, that's how mine behaves, I'm extremely happy with battery life, these people here need to use a HTC Diamond for a day and then use a Pre. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    100% sitting on touchstone at work, thank good I bought two of them. One for home one for work.
    I thought it was a bad idea to not let the battery drain all the way down and recharge? no? doesn't it mess up the battery quick if you keep it always charging when not using?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Took mine off the charger at 9:00 am and its now 3:22pm (6.5 hours). Its at 66%.

Today's usage:
    6 phone calls that averaged about 5 minutes each
    About 10 text messages
    About 15 minutes of music listening
    10 minutes of web browsing
    30 minutes of just playing around with it turning it on and off an looking around

WIFI - off
    Bluetooth - off
    Locate - on
    Phone was at 100% this morning. Had push mail all day, Pandora running for about 4 hours, took numerous calls, high usage day. Right now I am at 27% and will listen to my podcasts on the way home. Will just make it as this is almost the same as yesterday. Can't wait until the touchstone comes in the mail. Will use it all day at work, but so far, it's been ok. The only application that totally drains the battery very quickly is the Sprint Navigation.
    56% @ 3:25pm. Been on Facebook several times today for about 15-30 minutes each time. Playing several app games on FB and checking Gmail. No phone calls. Some texting. Have not charged it since i left home this morning.
    36% after 24 hours off my touchstone, getting mail, some small work, couple of phone calls and email. No Wifi, no gps/locations.
    I think it's also important to note WHEN you purchased your Pre. I got mine on Saturday. My battery was horrible for the first few days, and then all of a sudden it's been great yesterday and today.

Some have noticed large amounts of bandwidth usage on Sprint's network, so perhaps the phone has been constantly transferring profile data to the Palm servers in the background for the first few days? And once everything is synced, then we get the improved battery life.

Just one of my theories...
    Global Posts
    1,028 Global Posts
    52% with moderate usage. mostly facebook and a few emails and pandora on the 20 min. drive to work.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast