Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    yea cause that's the phone's fault.
    just get ATT or TMobile already
    Actually it is the phone...My last two phones came in strong in the same areas! (650, Mogul)

1. Battery life
    2. Receptions
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I tried to quote a post and couldn't get the stupid cursor to go in front of the quote [] part. So I just deleted the "[" assuming I could just hit symbol and choose it, but it wouldn't let me choose "[" from the symbol menu. Moving the cursor within the text box would be so much easier with a d-pad. cutting and pasting would be so much easier with a d-pad. just hold down the orange button and select by using the d-pad. That would just CRUSH any other cut and paste from any touch based phone.
    I agree, a d-pad would be awesome. But we don't have one. They did give you an option that you may not be aware of.

If you hold down the orange button you get d-pad functionality. It will make a cursor with 4 directional arrows. Just swipe up, down, left or right on the screen (while holding the orange button) and the cursor will move where ever you want. It works very well for getting to the very far left or right of the screen.

Also, Symbols aren't supported or don't work in the web browser as previously stated. However you can create a memo with the symbols you need and copy and paste them into a web browser field if needed.

Hope that helps. It's not perfect but at least there is a workaround.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Isn't this a copy of the thread about functions and features you would like to see on your Pre?

Anyway for me there are two things which only Palm can fix, all the others such as battery life, virtual keyboard, cut and paste etc can be provided/improved upon by third parties e.g. Siedo are providing a larger battery, screen keyboards are on their way etc

1. Build quality - this isn't a small problem (i.e. many users are complaining)
    2. Micro SD slot - Palm, I know you can do it !

Number 1 is a deal braker and number 2 is close to a deal breaker
    If the build issues published so far aren't fixed by the time it comes to buy this for me I will walk away.
    Yeah, didn't know the orange button part before, but the symbols thing...not into workarounds for basic functionality. I ditched my Pre after two days when I actually had to use it for work and realized the PIM was a major departure from PalmOS. I'll revisit it next year. Till then I've gone with a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    I agree, a d-pad would be awesome. But we don't have one. They did give you an option that you may not be aware of.

If you hold down the orange button you get d-pad functionality. It will make a cursor with 4 directional arrows. Just swipe up, down, left or right on the screen (while holding the orange button) and the cursor will move where ever you want. It works very well for getting to the very far left or right of the screen.

Also, Symbols aren't supported or don't work in the web browser as previously stated. However you can create a memo with the symbols you need and copy and paste them into a web browser field if needed.

Hope that helps. It's not perfect but at least there is a workaround.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    1) WindowsLive/Hotmail application - either a full application or actual use through the web
    2) more business set of features on the email management - smart filtering in inbox lists by subject or person, date, etc.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    I'm a Palm newbie--I was on the fence about the iPhone and ended up with the Pre, so I guess I was in their target market. From reading this thread it sounds like their target market isn't anything like their existing market. Never used another Palm product, so have no idea what this PIM thing is that everyone misses so much. For me, the two big issues are:

1--a working media player. Honestly, if you're trying to compete with the iPhone, COMPETE!!! This media player is even less useful than the POS that was on my old LG Chocolate. There's a whole thread dedicated to this elsewhere.

2--a working Gmail app. The builtin app is terrible, and the web-based version is broken. I live out of Gmail--it's absolutely essential for me. I can't properly express how disappointed I am in the gmail functionality.

other quibbles:
    Battery--I read the reviews about the battery life. I tried it for a day and was horrified at the battery life but liked the phone, and hey--I was warned. My solution: From Sprint, bought the inductive charger to sit on my desk at work, a stereo bluetooth headset that has a microUSB wall charger I can use as a second wall charger in my living room, and a car charger to leave in the car. The OEM wall charger stays by my bed. From eBay, bought 2 off-brand backup batteries and a dedicated charger--leave one battery charged at work and keep one at home. Also from eBay: a second off-brand car charger and a fourth wall charger to keep in my backpack that I take with me most places, plus an extra microUSB cable to charge from a computer. I figure this way I will always be within reach of a spare battery or charger of some kind. Yup, I now have at least 7 ways to charge the phone AND will have 2 spare batteries. Total cost: about $150. Annoying but worth it, but I shouldn't have to go to these extremes.

Email contacts: I second the motion to let me import just MY contacts from gmail, not the whole list of every one of the 1000's of people I've ever sent a single email to.

General sluggishness: after trying the new iphone 3g s and then trying the Pre, the difference was very noticeable. Speed matters!

Flashlight: the throwaway Nokia I bought in Sri Lanka for $40 3 years ago had an LED flashlight, why doesn't this phone have a way to use the LED flash as a flashlight? I shouldn't have to hack into the phone via linux to do this.

Signal: fine for me everywhere in Boston, except that I can't make Sprint Nav work inside my office parking garage so have to go out into traffic to type an address--dangerous and annoying. I know that I won't be able to use this at my relatives' places in VT and NH, but that's the compromise of switching from Verizon to Sprint. In 2 years when my contract is up the Pre (or something even better) will be on Verizon and I'll switch back. But it's still better than that miserable GSM signal on AT&T.

T9-style text correct as mentioned by others
    on-screen keyboard for landscape mode
    An upcoming features roadmap or list so that I know what to expect
    Notification light
    Some more apps, already!

I'm sure there's more, but those are the big ones.
    Reception variance; battery life
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    1) Better text correction (not T9, just spelling correction)

2) Power on by pushing the center button and swiping rather than having to push the button on top and swiping

3) Flashing lights for notifications and charge status (like the Touch Diamond/Pro)

4) How about a good ol' dpad? Having to tap on the screen to move from field to field on a web page is lame

5) Voice dialing

6) THE ABILITY TO EDIT SOUNDS FOR EVENTS AND NOTIFICATIONS. I mean seriously, even the cheapest crappy flip phone can do this. What the hell, Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    yea cause that's the phone's fault.
    just get ATT or TMobile already
    It is the phones fault... I was on Sprint as well with My 755p before I bought my Pre. The cell reception was far better on that phone. Currently better as well on my wife's Centro.
    1. Reception: I had better reception with previous phones (Mogul and 700P)

2. Battery Life
    1. Battery Life

2. Hardware problems

... the rest can come later(software)
    My phone has horrible reception and the signal strength goes back and forth between full bars 3G to Roam to No Service. It's horrible!!!! I cant take calls on my Pre while sitting at my desk. Really starting to miss the treo 755 and I hate that I sent it in for the Sprint buy back. The battery life sucks, but I could live with it if I could get calls, chances are the phone is going back before the 30 days are up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnell3 View Post
    My phone has horrible reception and the signal strength goes back and forth between full bars 3G to Roam to No Service. It's horrible!!!! I cant take calls on my Pre while sitting at my desk. Really starting to miss the treo 755 and I hate that I sent it in for the Sprint buy back. The battery life sucks, but I could live with it if I could get calls, chances are the phone is going back before the 30 days are up.
    +1

Just went back to my 755p a few hours ago and signal is awesome in comparison to the Pre... unfortunately, the phone itself is not. ;-(

I'm already going through Pre withdrawl, but I need a reliable signal more than I needed a sexy phone with an awesome multitasking OS.

I hope Palm can fix this soon so I can (re)buy the Pre have both what I need and what I want...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    1. Battery life

2. Voice dialing
    I agree with the OP. Transitions are slow motion! Loading an email takes TOO LONG.
    1) Exchange sync problems that mean calender still can't sync.

2) Lousy Sprint coverage at home and and at work (inside the building).
    question is, is it the Pre that's giving you lousy coverage or do other Sprint phones do the same thing. My Pre's coverage was definitely worse than my Centro. Funny thing in going over my sister's place. I stand outside her door and my signal is just fine. The minute I walk in the door, it goes down to 1 or 0 bars. Crazy insulated house.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    2) Lousy Sprint coverage at home and and at work (inside the building).
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    1- Voice commands (dialing, music, apps)
    2- real copy and paste
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    1. Battery Life

2. Battery Life
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    1. Apps - DECENT PIM being first and foremost
    2. Battery Life

can't stop...

3. Reception
    4. Speed/Responsiveness