Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    1. Need ability to move cursor in a text field, like the arrow keys on a computer.
    2. Empty Email Trash Bin with a single command, not just one email at a time.
    1. My phone cracking by USB port on day 34 for unknown reason and Radio Shack telling me they haven't had any in stock in forever and don't know when they will so I can't swap it out at the retail level.

2. Having to call Sprint 2x because 1: online check payment never went through initially and 2: signing up for insurance didn't show up on my first bill and I had to call again to follow up. Do they not want my money?
    I have one dead pixel in the upper most right hand corner of my screen. Not a huge thing really. That and I get memory issues when I only have two open cards sometimes. It's a PDA though, I'm used to soft resetting my PPC every couple days so this is no different.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    for me... product build quality. 3 Pre's, 3 out.

I'd rather wait for the next WebOS device.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspam1 View Post
    1. Need ability to move cursor in a text field, like the arrow keys on a computer.
    We can do this by holding down the Orange button and moving your finger across the screen (not the gesture area). Its not perfect, but it is helpful trying to place a cursor near the edge of the screen.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    We can do this by holding down the Orange button and moving your finger across the screen (not the gesture area). Its not perfect, but it is helpful trying to place a cursor near the edge of the screen.
    Thanks. I've read that tip before but it doesn't work for me. I still have to magically get my finger to hit the exact spot in a text field. If I misspell something, I generally have to exit the application and try again. Maddening.
    1) On Screen Keyboard

2) Tethering without rooting!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Flash.
    Onscreen keyboard .
    More media formats for streaming.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    1. Calendar reminders on main screen
    2. Notification light for missed calls, texts, when fully charged
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    1 Battery

2 Reception. (can reception be improved by a software upgrade? I sure hope so)

My other gripes include

PIM functionality. What is on the Pre is a joke. Its as if the engineers approached the pre like they were designing a toy. Hey Palm, Some of us use this as a business tool!!!!

No today screen. WTF????? What happened to you palm? You always did a great job of making devices to keep me organized, now you just seem to be more concerned with making devices that are trendy.

Whats most frustrating is that Palm is clearly on to something. The concept here with the multitasking and gestures, etc is sweet but the reception, battery, lack of customization is really making me angry. I'm going to have to hang on to this thing and hope that palm releases some updates to correct the major issues and that some developers create apps to replace the missing functionality. Palm, I shouldnt have to wait for others to create apps that add functionality that should have been on the phone in the first place!!!
    Give the music player the ability to fast forward through songs and remember where you were at during a podcast!
    1) RECEPTION

2) battery life

Battery life would probably be better if it weren't for the reception issues, so my only issue is really RECEPTION. It isn't nearly as good as my Treo 755p was, and it may well force me off the Pre within the return period.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    My pre has been pretty much perfect from day one. No battery issue at all. I just have two annoyances:

1) A today screen would be really nice to have. Maybe have a button in the quick launch bar that toggles between your card view and today screen? Just an idea.

2) My God, the calender is horrible on this thing. It takes forever to load. I'm a college student and need to be organized at all times. I think I'll be carrying my trusty planner with me this fall.
    I agree with this one. for me its

1) Ringer, Message, Email and Alert Sound customization with contacts
    2) Visual Voicemail
    1. Sprint Navigation Reliability
    2. Reception
    1. Transfer files via WiFi or Bluetooth
    2. Txt Forwarding
    1) Unrelated posts/threads in the forums
    2) Non-specific/misleading thread titles

Oh wait, you wanted issues with the palm pre

1) Bluetooth won't push music to my nav (A2DP issue)
    2) Lack of control for specific alert/notification/ringer events
    1) battery life
    2) quicker opening of apps.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    In email I'd like an option to empty the entire deleted items folder at once.

Vibrate mode needs to be more robust sounding.

I'd like to be able to direct sync with Outlook without using Exchange. But, I've been learning to live with the way it is.

It would be nice to get a little more battery life on a day, but it hasn't been a real issue for me, and I do not want it if it makes the Pre's physical profile larger.

I'm in the minority because I have a Zune instead of an I-pod. It would be nice to be able to direct sync the Pre to the Zune software. Since Microsoft doesn't have a phone I think it would make sense for them to work together.

I've had good reception at home and at work (even in the elevator) and pretty much everywhere else. I have noticed that with my old LG phone I almost constantly had the max number of bars, with the Pre it varies more but it's never dropped below 2 bars and that's only when I'm in the center of my house.

I wish Sprint would offer a third family data plan with 800 phone minutes and a monthly price under $100 including tax. My husband and I don't need 1500 minutes per month so the monthly cost is a bit higher than I'd like.

I've only been using the Pre since 9/2 and it's my first Smartphone, but overall I'm quite happy (especially with getting an extra $50 back when the price dropped).
    Quote Originally Posted by liverleef View Post
    1 battery

2 reception. (can reception be improved by a software upgrade? I sure hope so)

my other gripes include

pim functionality. What is on the pre is a joke. Its as if the engineers approached the pre like they were designing a toy. Hey palm, some of us use this as a business tool!!!!

No today screen. Wtf????? What happened to you palm? You always did a great job of making devices to keep me organized, now you just seem to be more concerned with making devices that are trendy.

Whats most frustrating is that palm is clearly on to something. The concept here with the multitasking and gestures, etc is sweet but the reception, battery, lack of customization is really making me angry. I'm going to have to hang on to this thing and hope that palm releases some updates to correct the major issues and that some developers create apps to replace the missing functionality. Palm, i shouldnt have to wait for others to create apps that add functionality that should have been on the phone in the first place!!!
    +++++++++++ 1111111111111 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast