Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    best buy costs 10 bux a month and turn around time is nowhere near as quick as TEP....
    how quick is best buy? running a repair center, half the time i have phones in stock for replacement if i cant repair em on the spot
    and if i need to order a replacement i always have them delivered next day

btw deductable is only if you damage your phone or it gets hit with water.
    90% + of my customers dont pay deductable
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil1528 View Post
    The only thing I don't know about the TEP is what they consider to be a comparable model to the Pre. I know of so many people who had a touch pro and were given a blackberry or had a blackberry, but given a 520. The definition of comparable in Sprint is fairly lacking. With the Pre, does anyone know if they would DEFINITELY replace it with a Pre? I'm sure it's too early to tell yet as everyone is in their 30 days right now.
    not sure if this was answered yet, but assurion was adamant about saying i was getting a pre. and this soon after the launch i'd bet it's new.

*edit*
    i will be finding out in a few hours if i'm getting a pre or not so i will let you know.

as of now there is no comparable model to the pre so they kind of have to ship it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommysb View Post
    not sure if this was answered yet, but assurion was adamant about saying i was getting a pre. and this soon after the launch i'd bet it's new.

*edit*
    i will be finding out in a few hours if i'm getting a pre or not so i will let you know.

as of now there is no comparable model to the pre so they kind of have to ship it.
    Did they give you a confirmation email of your product shipping? On there if it says its a PRE then u'll be a getting a PRE. That's how mine worked
  4.    #24  
    yep it says

Replacement Model: Palm 100 PRE new fully kitted CK
    Does "fully kitted" mean you are getting the charger?

Supposed to get a new replacement tomorrow, and I assume that's what it meant.

?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cagefighter View Post
    Does "fully kitted" mean you are getting the charger?

Supposed to get a new replacement tomorrow, and I assume that's what it meant.

?
    Holy thread revival

Are you dealing with Sprint's TEP or Best Buy's insurance?

I believe with TEP they usually send you a refurbished phone, and ONLY the phone. No battery, charger, or anything else.

I just had my Pre replaced through Best Buy's insurance and they gave me the complete handset kit, brand new in the box. So now I have a brand new Pre, and an extra battery, charger, USB cable, back cover, headset, and carry pouch.
    It is TEP, but this is my second replacement. The first refurbished one had hardware issues, so they are sending me a new one this time.

My shipping confirmation says "Replacement Model: Palm 100 PRE Black new fully kitted CK".

I was just curious if this meant they were sending me everything again (including the charger)?
    I have TEP and it was 100$ to replace my stolen pre. All I can say is "OMG thank you pre backup"
    my applications (paid) beamed back down, my contacts (of course), email signature, alarms, number of pages of apps (i had added more) with location. Thank you great "cloud".
    I wish I could have sent a remote wipe. The thief actually used the phone to call my voicemail repeatedly. Oh man... I forgot to check my voicemail greeting... doh!
    I have added a pin code / lock. So annoying to deal with, but at least I know if I lose it they'll have some obstruction to my contacts/facebook/3 email accounts/linkedin/2 IM accounts etc... all those password changes really suck!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12