Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its working with my itunes. I'm sure Apple isnt too pleased about that either. now I'm nervous about downloading updates to itunes. Sooner or later they'll close that back door.
    Can you please tell me how you can quickly move the songs from itunes to the Pre? I connected the Pre to itunes last night and moved some songs over into a music folder I created on the Pre, but is there a faster way to do this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    It works just like an ipod. When it's connected, set it up to load certain playlists. Simple.
    I accessed this feature for the first time last night. Got it to sync without any issues. It's great to be able to watch podcasts and listen to music without needing another device.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Same for me. The other day I connected the phone to my computer and brought up iTunes. It recognized the phone as an ipod and synched everything onto the phone.
    Well....guess I'm that guy cause it's not working for me. I have the Pre plugged into the computer in USB Mode. I open iTunes, but it does not automatically sync. Nor can I go to File and choose the sync option as it's grayed out. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks.
    my works with itunes but it just doesn't like to disconnect from itunes when i try to eject it i get an error msg the ipod "palm pre" cannot eject because it contains files in use by another application. anyone having this issue???
    Vis
    I was worried about it too and turned off automatic updates just in case.
    I do believe the front page here had an article on it and it looks like it would very hard to filter out the Pre from an actual 3rd Gen ipod.
    It would take a serial number lookup or an "IOUSB" check.
    I always thought one of the great things about the Pre was that you no longer need to install that bloated piece of software that is little more than a glorified shopping cart.

Check out one of the many free and lightweight alternatives that doesn't try to drive-by install crap like Safari or Quicktime either.

Winamp
    DoubleTwist
    Mediamonkey
    Songbird
    the list goes on...
    You need to be in Media Sync Mode, not USB Mode. Hope that helps.

Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Sargogreek View Post
    Well....guess I'm that guy cause it's not working for me. I have the Pre plugged into the computer in USB Mode. I open iTunes, but it does not automatically sync. Nor can I go to File and choose the sync option as it's grayed out. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks.
    It's easy to do even if the Pre doesn't automatically sync upon plug-in. Open the Pre folder from 'My Computer', open iTunes and drag the songs you select from iTunes and drop them into the Pre folder. That's it.

My only issue is that songs that I purchased from the Apple store for iTunes are locked. Does anyone know how to get around it??
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Its a shame that the iTunes sync works perfect, but the Pre media player itself sucks. The way they do fast-forward and the inability to save where you were last playing for podcasts/audiobooks is absolutely archaic.
    I wish thy would make it sync with the Zune software as well! Zune play works much bettter and is alot more appealing to look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by preGirl View Post
    It's easy to do even if the Pre doesn't automatically sync upon plug-in. Open the Pre folder from 'My Computer', open iTunes and drag the songs you select from iTunes and drop them into the Pre folder. That's it.
    Use Media Sync mode (not USB Drive mode) to use the Pre in iTunes. When you turn on that mode, your computer recognizes it as an iPod and iTunes opens.

My only issue is that songs that I purchased from the Apple store for iTunes are locked. Does anyone know how to get around it??
    Purchase iTunes Plus songs, as those are DRM-free. You can upgrade your past purchases to the Plus versions (if they are available as such) by choosing the option on the iTunes Store home page (it is on the topmost rightmost menu where other options are things like Account and Browse). There is a fee per song or per album (depending on how you bought the originals) to do the upgrade - 30 cents a song and 25% of the album price for an album.

If your past purchases aren't available as Plus versions, you technically could burn those songs to a CD and then save them back to your computer in order to put them on your Pre. This may not be legal, so do this at your own risk.
    Unfortunately you bought DRMed files that are locked to one brand of hardware. Pretty bogus but you can usually find tools to remove that DRM although it is in violation of the license. Like someone said you can pay *again* and have it taken off but that's pretty crappy too.

I'd recommend never buying anything from ITMS. You can get higher quality DRM-free music from Amazon for less money. Those will play on anything and don't make you re-buy your music when you want to play it on another brand of player.
    +1 for hating iTunes. It's junk.
    I'm using iTunes and I've never bought any music from anybody........I import all my music, and just using it for putting songs on an iPod and now my Pre...
    I will not pay for music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I will not pay for music.
    But you expect to be paid for the work you do, right?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    If you want to avoid paying to upgrade to iTunes Plus, you can burn purchased songs to CD and then re-rip them back into iTunes. This is the simplest (though time-consuming) way to remove the DRM.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Just buy sound taxi and add any drm song or folder which contains drm music and the program will remove the drm,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast