Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I never really paid attention to updates before, so i ca't even take an educated guess on how quickly companies get around to stuff like this.

Hopefully they're working feverishly on one since they had to rush the phone out.
    Very unreliable source (Palm L2 support) said this week or next at latest. I think they have to do it before June 21 which I believe was the launch of the ad campaign in earnest and probably coincides with larger shipments.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Very unreliable source (Palm L2 support) said this week or next at latest. I think they have to do it before June 21 which I believe was the launch of the ad campaign in earnest and probably coincides with larger shipments.
    Cool, thanks.
    I say before June 19th, if not June 19th, maybe will se something big because iphone releases then.
    I don't think we'll see anything "big" very soon. Palm's probably got it's hands full dealing with bugs to add much in the way of features in the first update.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I still think the Pre will be released on May 17...

Oops, sorry, we're past that point already.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    It needs to be prior to the Iphone 3GS release. Because once the ad campaign starts, Apple will nitpick on the Pre. Additionally, if the battery life on the 3GS is greatly improved in reviews and Palm's response it to turn off everything and use your phone sparingly, Palm is in a world of hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    It needs to be prior to the Iphone 3GS release. Because once the ad campaign starts, Apple will nitpick on the Pre. Additionally, if the battery life on the 3GS is greatly improved in reviews and Palm's response it to turn off everything and use your phone sparingly, Palm is in a world of hurt.
    Yes but the thing is twice as big as the Pre as well ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    You guys pay too much attention to Apple. Palm needs to fix bugs asap and not according to whatever Apple is doing. BTW..apple would be dumb to even acknowledge Palm in any ad.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    If they simply add options for different sounds for different notifications and video capture, it would be huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by xGORDOx View Post
    If they simply add options for different sounds for different notifications and video capture, it would be huge.
    Ah, ignorance is bliss.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You guys pay too much attention to Apple. Palm needs to fix bugs asap and not according to whatever Apple is doing. BTW..apple would be dumb to even acknowledge Palm in any ad.
    +1 Mentioning the Pre in any Apple ad only gives free advertising to the Pre and makes it seem like worthy competition, enough to be mentioned.
    I can't say how fast the new firmware update will hit, but I can assume it will be faster than the first update for the Instinct, which I think was about a month after release. Maybe someone can clear that time frame up though, as I can't honestly remember....lol

I do hope they add in the ability to pick a ringer for text messages though, as I have a ringer I love to use for my texts and it may be a pain to switch to an unknown.

Also for full disclosure I do not own a Pre yet, I will be picking one up in the middle of next month.
    I don't think they should rush with too many new features, as much as we would like to see them. I think the first update or two should focus on the initial bugs that were found.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I don't think they should rush with too many new features, as much as we would like to see them. I think the first update or two should focus on the initial bugs that were found.
    I completely agree.
    According to reports, Palm rushed this to get out of the door. They were cutting features and updates. I'm pretty sure there's stuff already to be released.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    lol, by "simple" meant only two features rather than a laundry list of items.
    Not that what it takes to create such items is simple.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post

Yup I agree too!! I'd rather my phone work right before other features be added
    hopefully they can get some of the bigger issues under control and fixed quickly but just remember something if it was easy to fix it would have already been done.
    I'm assuming some blunders are a priority... Weren't a bunch of people sour about the Pre having an inactivity PIN lock, their exchange server requiring this feature, but still reporting "your device is not compatible with security restrictions on the exchange server"?

Features like that seem more "broken" than "missing".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast