1.    #1  
    I want a forward gesture. I found myself several times swipping towards the right trying to go forward in an app but no luck lol

btw the gestures are great!!! very intuitive...and allows the screen to not be cluttered with buttons.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I think they're great! I love the full swipe to shuffle programs.

I would like to know where this area begins and ends.
    I think taps should do something, not just swipes. Like a tap on the right goes forward and a tap on the left goes back.
    On-screen gesture to put the phone back in standby, instead of pressing the power button. Not sure what gesture would work, is there's anything, but maybe the engineers can come up with something.

Also, something to wake the phone up with my thumb.

Basically, I want to be able to turn the phone screen on and off with my thumb, instead of having to use a finger on the power button on the top. Using the center button as an on/off button would be excellent for me, personally, and use the light in the center button as a notification/message indicator light.
    To be honest I would prefer to have space bar to scroll web page instead of gesture. But thats me what do I know
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    To be honest I would prefer to have space bar to scroll web page instead of gesture. But thats me what do I know
    At least there's a gesture to page down when in landscape.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Why not have a tap on the left side be scroll up and a tap on the right side be scroll down?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Is there a gesture for tabbing? maybe a double tap?
    I'm so used to Opera's Down-Right to close pages that I keep trying to do it on cards. It doesn't save all that much effort from hitting Button-Flickup, but it would be a "nice to have".
    I wanna see a "flick down" gesture to minimize the card into an icon on the bottom...that would make my day. I love the idea of multitasking, but I don't always want to see 5 cards on the screen...
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    It seems like the LEDs already respond to a forward gesture. If you try it, the center then right LED will light up...just like with the back gesture but in reverse. Maybe it's coming. I find myself wanting it to.

Also think taps are a great idea.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    I wanna see a "flick down" gesture to minimize the card into an icon on the bottom...that would make my day. I love the idea of multitasking, but I don't always want to see 5 cards on the screen...
    You can do the full swipe to change apps. Similar to alt + tab in windows.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I would like to double tap or a swipe across the gesture area to unlock the screen.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    See my earlier suggestion on this forum for a useful new gesture:

182259-proposal-palm-dealing-long-lists
    post1637492
    user=milo47 (that, at least, will find the post)

Sorry to be so indirect. Need an ever-increasing number of posts for URLs. Why is that, exactly... moderators? Whom are you protecting... from whom... and why?
    The webOS 1.1 update adds a new gesture that works the same as the onscreen Forward button. To move forward through open web pages, make a short swipe left-to-right in the gesture area. Details in release notes on Palm's support pages.