Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Insanely good. I've owned 3G iphone, T-mobile G1, both built on same engine as the Pre's browser, and to me it's by far the best. I got better reception from both T-mobile's 3G network and AT&Ts were I live even.... And the Pre seems to handle large pages better than both of my previous phones.

In fact, I still own an Ipod Touch 2G, and when I surf the web with both, the Pre is near as fast over 3G as the Ipod over Wifi. And I'm hardly getting the greatest reception where I live...
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Its faster at rendering pages than IE8.
    not just you man. its way faster than opera, and opera uses the server to compress the pages and limits the image sizes and quantity.
    The Pre browser combined with 3G is faster than my pathetic Comcast "high speed" internet!
    I find the screen to be the biggest downside of the browser. It's pretty unusable for me unless I turn it sideways.
    I love the browser's speed and stability -- coming from the Blackberry it's worlds ahead, and coming from an iPhone before that, it's about on par, but faster.

My only complaints would be that the double-tap to zoom in on a column isn't as accurate as it was on the iPhone, and there's no way to quickly zoom to the top of a page. But for a 1.0 release to have such minor flaws, I'd say the browser's a home run.
    I think its great!! ...just wish there was a way to open links with a new card and save images.
    I love the browser speed and compliance with full sites, as well. I can't get the double-tap zoom to work 8 times out of 10, though. I've tried to switch up the speed of my taps, how hard I tap, etc. It just isn't very accurate.

Gotta use the pinch for zoom which is a pain for one hand use.
    The browser is one of my favorite aspects of this phone. It could prolly use some additional capabilities but they already took care of the hard part.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    the double tap works better for me than the pinching (pinching sometimes lags on mine) just because it seems more accurate.......regardless the browser is top notch
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I would say this is the best thing about the phone in general. I don't have any complaints in the least about it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    as much as i like the browser, i think it is one of the weaker points tbh, i am coming from a diamond and opera mobile. Now correct me if i am wrong, it maybe be that i just am not figuring out some features, and if so i apologize. but theres things the browser is missing.

Firstly you cannot save things like pictures from the browser. you cannot copy text from the browser either. You cannot for open a link in a new card/tab.
    I went into a site that needed authorization the other day and it said the browser did not understand how to operate the page.
    There is no way to re size the text on the page, you can only zoom in , so on a page with wider articles it gets hard to read, as you can only see it at its default font.

This is among probly other things i can't think of atm. Not to say its not a good browser, its capable and easier to navigate than opera mobile, as well as faster. I can get around and do most anything but there are alot of decent hindrances in there, i really hope to see some updates on the browser.
    I'm just ecstatic to be able to view real web pages on my phone (instead of those stupid mobile sites. I'm thilled that frames and many of the other bells and whistles render properly. But yes, the speed is a happy second for me.
    Its pretty good. Part of the rendering speed boost over the iphone is the faster processor. We will see when the new iphone comes out how much faster it is and then have a true comparison. I get the feeling the pre's browder still needs some optimization as it still clunks down in places it shouldnt .
    Th3drow, good points. I'm coming from a Touch Pro. Windows Mobile has many strengths that you don't find in other platforms in regards to browsing...like the ability to download a huge assortment of various file types. I was running a cooked ROM that had the latest versions of IE6 and Opera Mobile on it, and the functionality was unbelievable.

I like the rendering and speed of this browser, though. Maybe when the SDK is released, more browser options will come out.
    ya browser is kicking....i like my iphone 3g also...

what makes the browser rock is going to the iphone version of popular sites...

such as (flame retardant suit on) iphone.foxnews.com

God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Way better then my ipod Touch, that thing went on Ebay as soon as the Pre was purchased.
    one thing i've started doing-

to zoom with the "pinch" gesture, i place one finger in place and only move the other one.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I love the browser's speed and stability -- coming from the Blackberry it's worlds ahead, and coming from an iPhone before that, it's about on par, but faster.

My only complaints would be that the double-tap to zoom in on a column isn't as accurate as it was on the iPhone, and there's no way to quickly zoom to the top of a page. But for a 1.0 release to have such minor flaws, I'd say the browser's a home run.
    The browser should be about the same speed as the iphone since they both use webkit as the engine. (The UI is different) Most of the speed differences you would notice occur from the Pre having a faster processor and more memory than the current iphones. But I would agree, web kit is extremely fast and definitely works well on a fast phone such as the Pre.
    Agreed on the weak points, specifically the inability to copy/paste and save images. But once again, we're still in 1.0. Hopefully these features will come with time (as they did with iPhone).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast