67 Global Posts
    Thought max was 15? I have this forums open, email and messaging,
    Won't let me open more cards, anyone else try this combo
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Resetting your Pre should fix it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I've had this happen with one or none open. Happened twice so far. Pretty annoying
    Maybe the browser cached too much data and ate up all the RAM. Reboot ought to fix it.

I only saw this like the first day I had it because I had Pandora, browser, email, calendar, messaging, and some other stuff open.
    it really has nothing to do with how many cards you are open, or how many apps you are running. Its just memory. sometimes one single webpage can theoretically be complicated enough to bog down the memory, but rare.
    Yep. I have had it happen twice. Once was with the full facebook webpage open, and the other was when I opened every app on the phone haha.

I think it has to do with large and complicated websites that cache huge amounts of data.

I am guessing palm is aware of this at this point.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I only have issues when I've left the music app open for awhile. It seems to leak memory.
    I had it happen a couple of times and suspected Tweed. Although, who really knows for sure. I was running Tweed everytime it happened. Shut down Tweed and opened/closed it when needed and didn't seem to have the problem anymore.
    Brandon
    At least (for me) it hasn't freezed. Just politely tells you it's run out of memory.
    I've gotten notifications from Tweed before after closing the app, so you could be right that it's part that, but yeah, I get the impression there are a lot of memory leaks still, unfortunately. Nothing that would stop me from using it, but I've been restarting probably every day and a half just to clean things up.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Does your guys PCs never run out of memory and give a notification that it's requesting more virtual memory, then a reboot helps it. Why shouldn't this be treated the same? Just wondering, no throwing stones.

One of my PCs does, but it only has 256MB memory
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    At least (for me) it hasn't freezed. Just politely tells you it's run out of memory.
    This is the nice part about it. I didn't expect to buy a perfect Pre with no memory problems, but I did expect it to be fairly stable, without apps crashing all over the place and phone freezes. So far, most errors have been politely announced by the OS, which I appreciate.

Anyone remember the iPhone3G browser crashes that used to happen regularly before 2.0.2? No new platform is perfect.
    I think the nicest part is no matter what issues you have with running out of memory, Palm was smart enough to make sure you're able to make phone calls no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Does your guys PCs never run out of memory and give a notification that it's requesting more virtual memory, then a reboot helps it. Why shouldn't this be treated the same? Just wondering, no throwing stones.

One of my PCs does, but it only has 256MB memory
    Not since you could get 4GB for $20-30
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yea, I have no cards open just now, I'm thinking its the AIM app that's hogging the ram. Keeps notifying me to close cards when there isn't any open.
    I had like 9 apps open last night, just to mess around. Amazingly, it didnt crash
    It happened to me when I dragged and dropped three pictures from my laptop onto the pre and tried to see how they looked as wallpaper (I had no cards/apps open). Quickly deleted the pix and restarted it and now it's fine. I guess the pics were too large ....?