Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bsiegel View Post
    Just a note that it IS possible. I am posting this from my desktop machine using the Pre as a cellular modem. I am using bluetooth PAN to connect them, and I have disabled the physical network adapter on the desktop machine, as well as the Wifi on the Pre.

Checked with whatismyip and nslookup, and I am 173.137.xx.xx which resolves to 173-137-xx-xx.pools.spcsdns.net - It's quite clear I am using the Sprint PCS network.

As for the "how"... I had phone-as-modem enabled on my old plan, and it stayed when I switched it to the Everything Data 450 plan to get the Pre. As long as your plan includes phone-as-modem, it seems tethering works great.
    Since you are able to do it if you could root into your device and look at the tel.settetheredmode message handler to see what it says perhaps everyone could use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    Since you are able to do it if you could root into your device and look at the tel.settetheredmode message handler to see what it says perhaps everyone could use it.
    I haven't rooted the phone yet, but once I do I will see what's there for you. Probably later tonight. I don't expect anything unusual to be there though, because I haven't changed anything on the phone itself. It seems that simply having phone-as-modem on your plan with Sprint is enough to activate tethering over bluetooth PAN.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12