Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    I searched and did not find any mention of this problem.

    When I plug in my Pre, it flashes all night. It turns on and off without stop. I can pick up the phone, while it's plugged in and flashing, and use the phone apps but it flashes on and off continuously, about 4 seconds between on and off flashes. I did a few hard restarts and the problem is still there.

    Anyone else?
    This is my tagline. There are many like it but this one is mine.
  2. #2  
    do you have your phone pad up when it's charging and the pre leaning against something?

    only thing i can think of. unless you are getting a constant stream of messages/emails that would probably do it.
  3. Tikerz's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    I searched and did not find any mention of this problem.

    When I plug in my Pre, it flashes all night. It turns on and off without stop. I can pick up the phone, while it's plugged in and flashing, and use the phone apps but it flashes on and off continuously, about 4 seconds between on and off flashes. I did a few hard restarts and the problem is still there.

    Anyone else?
    Is it charging the whole time this is happening? Or is the "Charging Battery" message coming on with each flash? Could be a bad charger or a hardware problem with the phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    do you have your phone pad up when it's charging and the pre leaning against something?

    only thing i can think of. unless you are getting a constant stream of messages/emails that would probably do it.
    The phone is facing up while charging.

    I don't use the phone for business so not too much email or texts.

    I thought the maybe the smudges were affecting the phone but it still flashes after cleaning.
    This is my tagline. There are many like it but this one is mine.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Is it charging the whole time this is happening? Or is the "Charging Battery" message coming on with each flash? Could be a bad charger or a hardware problem with the phone.
    Yes, it seems to be charging just fine except for the flashing.

    My wife's Pre doesn't flash.

    I was thinking hardware problem but wanted to check here first before I returned phone.
    This is my tagline. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Posting Permissions