1.    #1  
    Is there anything different about the Best Buy Sprint contract vs. a corporate store contract that would make me favor one over the other?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Nope, same contract. Difference is Best Buy charges 199.99 and Sprint charges 299.99 with a 100.00 8 week rebate.
    When you buy it through best buy the contract you are signing is still with Sprint, so no difference
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Same contract with Radio Shack too. And you get $199 out the door. That alone was worth going to Radio Shack over Sprint Store.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Are you talking about the equipment insurance contract or Sprint network usage contract?
  6.    #6  
    Either, both? lol. Basically, I have a friend who works for ATT, and he'll point out deals to me from different places. I.E., he pointed me out where it was cheaper for me to get a curve from a Kiosk than his store.

However, some big box stores that sell phones have different cancellation policies. So in addition to paying $$$ to Spring if you want to cancel early, you also have to pay $$ to WalMart/Best Buy/ etc.
    What about the activation fee? Will Best Buy waive this or do you have to pay it? I get mine waved at Sprint for being Premier.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I would be very leery of buying from Best Buy. They have a bad reputation for not honoring the equipment contracts they sell. I know first hand. I don't know if they've cleaned up their act or not in the last couple years, but I doubt it. There's a HUGE 'I hate Best Buy' ex-customer base.

After a couple bad incidents with Best Buy years ago, I started buying my phones only from Sprint along with their equipment insurance and they've never let me down yet. They've also always price matched if I brought in proof of another retailer with a lower price.
    Did Best Buy throw in some extra charges like a Geek Squad fee? I heard they were doing this. Anyone? Buhler? Buhler?
    Verizon
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    i bought my pre from BB, i got no extra charges. although they said id get an activation fee. ill check my bill to see if i did get a charge and ill make sprint waive it since im not suppose to get one cuz im a premier customer (although i think that only works if you buy the phone online. dont care, ill argue it anyway. lol)
  11.    #11  
    Can you qualify for corporate discounts there?
  12.    #12  
    Sprint store just called me to inform me that my time has come on the waitlist.... now the big decision, go to Best Buy and get $100 off immediately, or wait and hope I get mailed a rebate?