Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    When I first got my Pre, I clicked on Updates and updated to 1.02. Since then, when I click on Updates, my Pre checks for updates and eventually "Unable to connect. Try again later." appears. I've tried restarting my phone, to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    The exact same thing is happening to me. Just checked again this morning and got the same message.

Is it just us?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Apparently. I'm going to call Palm today. I'll let you know what they suggest.
    Its probably because there isn't a new update. I was getting that when I first got mine trying to download the 1.02 but mine was already up to date out of the box.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Ok, I finally got this Updates error figured out.

I was getting that message because my Palm Profile was showing up as unverified on the phone, even though I clicked through my verification e-mail when it was set up.

Here is how to check the status of your Palm Profile:

1. From the Launcher, go into “Backup”
    2. Tap into Preferences in the top left hand corner
    3. Tap into Palm Profile, enter Palm Profile Password, tap Done

If your Palm Profile is unverified it will say so here.

There is an option to resend the verification e-mail from the phone, but in my experience this does not work. I went back to the original e-mail I received the night I got my phone. I clicked through it again and to make sure that my Palm Profile showed “Profile Status: E-mail Verified"

After that, I did a manual back up before resetting my phone:

1. From the Launcher, go into “Backup”; tap "Back up now". Wait for it to complete.

2. From the Launcher, go into “Device Info”, scroll down and tap “Reset Options”

3. Tap “Partial Erase” - according to the description, this erases applications installed. I did not find this to be the case as all my applications were still intact afterwards, but any personal settings – such as changing wall papers or rearranged icons were set back to the default. Web Bookmarks that I added were deleted.

4. Phone will reboot, ask you to set up language, etc. Then it will ask about your Palm Profile. Choose to log in to your existing Palm Profile, and enter the e-mail address and password you verified earlier. This will restore your data.

After restoring the data, it will reboot one more time. After that if you check into the Palm Profile again on the phone, the unverified message is gone and now the Updates function works as it should.
    Last edited by MariMar; 06/11/2009 at 04:21 PM.
    @marimar
    i wont lie to you my profile is verified i dont even have the option to resend the verification email and ofcourse its verified on the phone as well, for i dont see a message saying other wise. with that said i still have the problem
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ease z View Post
    @marimar
    i wont lie to you my profile is verified i dont even have the option to resend the verification email and ofcourse its verified on the phone as well, for i dont see a message saying other wise. with that said i still have the problem
    I can tell you that the above method cured my problem with the Updates. It also worked on a co-worker's phone that I just reset.

For your specific problem, you may have to contact Palm directly.
    Thanks for posting these instructions. I wasn't verified either, now I am. It was also great to see how good Palm's Backup/Restore application is.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    MariMar... it worked like a charm! Thanks so much! It did mess up just about all of my settings, but the Updates feature is restored... and that's much more important. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    hmm, my phone says my profile is unverified but i logged in and it says i am verified. which one is it?
    Thanks for the Info it worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    hmm, my phone says my profile is unverified but i logged in and it says i am verified. which one is it?
    Me too, and I don't seem to be getting any new email to re-verify. Odd. But I was able to check for updates a day or so ago. So maybe it's not really a problem if the phone thinks it's unverified.

Edit: just re-read the original post--looks like the whole point of this process is to get your profile to say it's verified.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 06/11/2009 at 02:45 PM.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Confirmed working, at least on my phone.
    I updated initially, last week, no problem. Tried to update today couldn't... followed your steps... worked!!!
    Thanks,
    huskrfj
    my phone says my profile is unverified but i logged in and it says i am verified. I ran the backup just in case then did the Partial Erase reset, and logged into my profile and it showed as verified. Backups now work again. All data restored to original just have to make the tweaks. My software is still installed, so its all good to go.
    Trying this now...
    Still did not work... Hmmm any other suggestions.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    This still isn't working for me (First post here, guys - Love this phone).

I tried a Partial Erase and a Full Erase - neither of which erased anything but photos I had taken. All my apps are still there with their full settings in tact, and icons are located just where I left them.

If I login to my Palm Profile via my computer, it says that I'm verified. My phone thinks it is not. (Note, I got the Pre on launch day, and was able to update to 1.0.2 immediately via WiFi) I'm going to try the remote erase via the Palm website and see what happens.
    This did work for me and I was finally able to download the 1.0.3 update.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Worked for me Thanks Alot!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Well, the step-by-step method didn't work for me at all. Kept saying my Palm Profile was not verified, when on the website it said it was.

Ran the remote wipe from the online Palm Profile site, which appeared to brick the phone. Was sitting for 45 minutes or so at just a solid, non-pulsing Palm logo. So I ran the WebOS Doctor with instructions I found in another thread (I'm running Win7 x64) which didn't work. So then I tried WebOS Doctor in an XP Virtual Machine and it worked! Didn't take all that long, either. Signed into palm profile on the phone, all my synergy stuff started um... synergizing? And the phone was now able to update to 1.0.3, and it went fine.

Kind of a crappy bug with the updater/palm profile. Glad I got around it eventually.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast