Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Should this be happening? I thought that if it didn't pick up a Sprint signal it would roam and that we aren't charged roaming charges in the US. I'm pretty sure that both times it happened I also had no data coverage.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    Should this be happening? I thought that if it didn't pick up a Sprint signal it would roam and that we aren't charged roaming charges in the US. I'm pretty sure that both times it happened I also had no data coverage.
    This is happening to me as well, at my house where I should have coverage. I'm thinking there is a problem with the signal on this phone.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    yes, I'm at home too. Terrible coverage. I've ordered the airave so we'll see, but I'm really worried that I'm going to have to return/exchange this phone.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I definitely won't return it. They will fix the bugs, and I'm willing to wait. The only other phone I would go to is the Treo Pro, and it doesn't have Webos. When I first got the iPhone 3G, they had the same reception issues. They were fixed pretty quickly.

I'm at work now, and I have full bars.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    good to know. I'm a complete notice at this smartphone thing, so I wasn't sure how much to put up with
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    good to know. I'm a complete notice at this smartphone thing, so I wasn't sure how much to put up with
    It's a brand new phone, and it's going to have issues. Don't worry. The iPhone had just as many when it came out, and I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating the 3G was when I got that. I had both generations of the iphone and both sucked at first. The 3G iPhone erased ALL my data from my phone and my computer, with their wireless push. I lost over 200 contacts. All I got was "sorry". No one could figure it out, but when I finally got all my contacts restored, they got deleted again. Thank god I was smart enough to back them up the second time. It was a pain in the *** for the first few months.