1.    #1  
    Ok, we all know att & verizon are getting the pre. When it actually happens is what I am unclear about. Will the apps/app store be the same for everyone, reguardless of their service provider? Will everyone get all the same updates? Will any one carrier get exclusive content?

To me it seems that if everyone gets the same content/updates, the pre on every carrier is excellent news. The more the merrier, right?
    The price for service goes up?
    some updates will have to be carrier specific. but generally should be same.

still, each carrier will have different plan price.
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    Ok, we all know att & verizon are getting the pre. When it actually happens is what I am unclear about. Will the apps/app store be the same for everyone, reguardless of their service provider? Will everyone get all the same updates? Will any one carrier get exclusive content?
    Depending on the purpose of the Apps, they should be universal. There will most certainly be carrier specific (i.e. exclusive) updates as is done with many current phones today.

Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    To me it seems that if everyone gets the same content/updates, the pre on every carrier is excellent news. The more the merrier, right?
    The more the merrier for sure. Economies of scale typically help everyone (well, unless you have a whole bunch of iPhone 3G phones on your network, but your network is too under-powered to handle them all...a-HEM!).
    First, we do NOT know that Verizon is getting the Pre. Verizon's statement said "phones like the Pre."
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    First, we do NOT know that Verizon is getting the Pre. Verizon's statement said "phones like the Pre."
    That's one person's interpretation of McAdam's quote.