Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I haven't had much success visiting google docs on the pre. I've been able to visit the mobile and desktop versions of google docs, but I would like to visit the iphone version of google docs. There was a precentral post that it was possible. Maybe it's just a matter of knowing what the html address is for the iphone version of google docs; but, if so, i don't know it and can't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kemosabi View Post
    I haven't had much success visiting google docs on the pre. I've been able to visit the mobile and desktop versions of google docs, but I would like to visit the iphone version of google docs. There was a precentral post that it was possible. Maybe it's just a matter of knowing what the html address is for the iphone version of google docs; but, if so, i don't know it and can't find it.
    What does the iPhone version offer that the mobile and desktop versions do not, on your Pre?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    When the pre first came out, both igoogle and google docs didn't render right for me, but now both of them are working just fine.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I have. They rock! i was editing one of my excel files from my pre. Make sure you are using classic.

gdocs on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I have. They rock! i was editing one of my excel files from my pre. Make sure you are using classic.

gdocs on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    I don't have any GoogleDocs experience, really. Are you referring to "Classic," the PalmOS emulator for the Pre, or some Google setting?
    I have been trying Google Docs as a replacement for Docs To Go. It looks good on the Pre, but I am unable to see all the data. I have a spreadsheet with about 100 rows. When viewing this on the Desktop (Firefox), no problem, I scroll through all 100 rows. On the Pre, I see 72 rows and can't scroll through the remainder. I selected "desktop" when it asked view this in "mobile | desktop". I saw a reference to "classic" in an earlier post, what is this? Any help?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I don't have any GoogleDocs experience, really. Are you referring to "Classic," the PalmOS emulator for the Pre, or some Google setting?
    No classic. That is a screen shot of my web browser. docs.google.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    No classic.
    Not really that helpful. Please explain what you mean by "classic."
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Not really that helpful. Please explain what you mean by "classic."
    I believe he's talking about "Classic" versus the "Mobile" setting in Google.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I believe he's talking about "Classic" versus the "Mobile" setting in Google.
    Thank you so much.

FWliW, I used GoogleDocs on the Pre, recently (demo, of course) and was quite impressed that it worked. However, it didn't have a function/formula bar and didn't let me make slight edits to cell contents. If I clicked on an already-populated cell, whatever I typed would overwrite whatever was already there. Maybe switching to this "classic" setting will make a difference.

Does that sound likely, anyone?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    At the bottom of the google docs screen will be an option to view Google Docs in Mobile or Desktop.

In Desktop, you can open and edit documents.

Very cool.

And, if you have the desktop window open to a doc, you can watch the words appear as you type them on the phone. Neat
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    At the bottom of the google docs screen will be an option to view Google Docs in Mobile or Desktop.

Very cool.

And, if you have the desktop window open to a doc, you can watch the words appear as you type them on the phone. Neat
    So, it doesn't even *say* "classic?" It says "Desktop?" Wow. Thanks to you two for clearing this up.

I tried accessing it from my 755p just to be EXTRA sure that I couldn't do it. Eventually, I hit the wall - of javascript.

I also just tried accessing GoogleDocs via my laptop and I see that I can do something I couldn't do via the Pre - edit cells without completely overwriting them.

Does this match anyone else's experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post

I've been able to edit in mobile view. There's a link that says "Edit this page (if you have permission)" and that leads to a mobile-friendly editing view (at least in a normal Document; I don't use spreadsheets very much).
    Just pulled up a couple simple documents I had in Google Docs and indeed the mobile view works well and I could edit as I pleased keeping the tool bars and everything where they were. Works nicely. Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeester68 View Post
    Just pulled up a couple simple documents I had in Google Docs and indeed the mobile view works well and I could edit as I pleased keeping the tool bars and everything where they were. Works nicely. Great!
    Did you try editing the contents of populated cells? In my experience, they get overridden no matter how simple the edits.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I can't edit anymore. Any ideas why? Also, if I use the mobile version, clicking pdfs causes webos to try to open them, which, we all know by now, it can't do from the browser, even though it has a pdf viewer built in. but if i use the desktop version of google docs, i can view the pdfs in-browser.

no editing of .doc files though, in either mobile or desktop google docs. anyone have a similar issue, or thoughts on what happened?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I have been trying Google Docs as a replacement for Docs To Go. It looks good on the Pre, but I am unable to see all the data. I have a spreadsheet with about 100 rows. When viewing this on the Desktop (Firefox), no problem, I scroll through all 100 rows. On the Pre, I see 72 rows and can't scroll through the remainder. I selected "desktop" when it asked view this in "mobile | desktop". I saw a reference to "classic" in an earlier post, what is this? Any help?
    If the row is empty, mobile version doesn't show the row. Go to the last row in desktop, fill with anything, and see if it shiw in desktop. Also, mobile vershion show 250 row mx by default. Can change this on top of doc.
    I not only cannot edit doc (as in Word documents uploaded to Google Docs) files on the Pre, but I cannot view them either, in either desktop or mobile view. Each page goes to a Google error page. Spreadsheets work fine, and are editable.

Any ideas on the Word doc issue?
    I not only cannot edit doc (as in Word documents uploaded to Google Docs) files on the Pre, but I cannot view them either, in either desktop or mobile view. Each page goes to a Google error page. Spreadsheets work fine, and are editable.

Any ideas on the Word doc issue?
    My doc view is saying empty. Do I need to mess with some settings for it to show my gmail docs? How does this thing work?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast