Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So everything seems to work for me, but I cannot open the PDF files! It downloads, but then it says:

No handler for file:///media/internal/downloads/Service Login_3
    "Aggies never lie cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do."
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I use google docs all the time. On the pre it is a mobile (list) view. Which will not allow changes to formulas. New data can be added to blank empty cells. I use spreadsheets. I howevere have never used pdfs through google.
    I can put Google into Classic mode vs Mobile. I can put Docs into Desktop mode. But when I open any Doc (not a Spreadsheet, but a document), I am stuck in a Mobile view which does not allow editing. Is this a limitation of Mobile Google Docs, or am I missing some option? I am th eowner of the Doc so I know it isn't a permissions issue.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Funny thing about Google docs .. is the fact you can log into it using classic.. You just cant view or edit the sheets in classic. If we were able to force our browsers (hack or something) to make google keep it in classic mode I believe it would work. It is just the limitations of the mobile version that is defeating all the purpose and functionality of spreadsheets (and maybe the of docs).

I use a pre and am hoping someone out there has a hack that will make the browser on the Pre(or your phone of choice) send out that is desktop version of *Firefox,IE,Safari,Opera(forgive me if I didnt mention your desktop fave).. My theory is that it would then render back in classic mode allowing all the editing.
    Last edited by jachgu; 02/05/2010 at 09:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jachgu View Post
    Funny thing about Google docs .. is the fact you can log into it using classic.. You just cant view or edit the sheets in classic. If we were able to force our browsers (hack or something) to make google keep it in classic mode I believe it would work. It is just the limitations of the mobile version that is defeating all the purpose and functionality of spreadsheets (and maybe the of docs).

I use a pre and am hoping someone out there has a hack that will make the browser on the Pre(or your phone of choice) send out that is desktop version of *Firefox,IE,Safari,Opera(forgive me if I didnt mention your desktop fave).. My theory is that it would then render back in classic mode allowing all the editing.
    What's even funnier is that Google Docs USED TO render on the Pre exactly like on the desktop.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I can view my spreadsheet in google docs mobile, but I can not edit any one cell. It starts hanging up and not functioning really well.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    you can edit in spreadsheet only.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12