Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Diagram fixed for scientific purposes.
    Last edited by ttremblay; 06/10/2009 at 11:58 AM.
    The purpose of this thread eludes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    It also does not make sense. Either Shannon and Elizabeth are Pre Enthusiats or not. There can be no overlap.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsturtz View Post
    It also does not make sense. Either Shannon and Elizabeth are Pre Enthusiats or not. There can be no overlap.
    Just one of the many problems I have with it. I'm a logician by education and profession. Work with Venn Diagrams. This diagram is about as meaningful as an infant scrambling magnetic letters on a refigerator.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsturtz View Post
    Technically, one of them could be an enthusiast and the other one not.

Is there an inside joke I'm missing about the diagram or is it really that poor of an attempt at humor? Alas, I am responding to the thread anyway...
    Just one of the many problems I have with it. I'm a logician by education and profession. Work with Venn Diagrams. This diagram is about as meaningful as an infant scrambling magnetic letters on a refigerator.
    LoL i agree ronlongo

but on the other hand.. if i were a few beers deep into the afternoon it's funny

Good to see someone at least trying to implement what they learned in school!!

Keep up the good work.. not sure why i find it funny but it is.. LoL
    you should be going to MIT or somethin'
    I also enjoyed it.

Pointless, but amusing.
    funny. but shouldn't the "use the NASCAR app" group fall completely within the "avid NASCAR fans" group? ie only those that are avid fans would actually use the app?
  10.    #10  
    I am accounting for those who use the app but dont really care about NASCAR.

I have also created a more accurate Venn Diagram which includes more recent findings. (Big thanks to ronlongo)

[IMG][/IMG]
    kinda like you're posting
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    funny. but shouldn't the "use the NASCAR app" group fall completely within the "avid NASCAR fans" group? ie only those that are avid fans would actually use the app?
    There will always be "bi-curious" Formula 1 fans.

Here's my Venn diagram attempt at explaining whatever Ed Colligan meant by the Pre's target market - the infamous "Fat Middle" - which I posted here early on in the frenzy trying to make sense of it all.

Finally, if you want the pinnacle of social charting, Venn diagram or otherwise, you have to check out Indexed.
  13.    #13  
    Woa, never seen that site. Indexed is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    I am accounting for those who use the app but dont really care about NASCAR.

I have also created a more accurate Venn Diagram which includes more recent findings. (Big thanks to ronlongo)

[IMG][/IMG]
    what about "people that wear baseball caps backwards"? they have to be in the mix somewhere.
    Last edited by Gekko; 06/10/2009 at 12:39 PM.
    This thread is bad, and you should feel bad.
    yeah my head asploded when i tried to figure that one out...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    ehem... my dad bought a pre this weekend, and he is an avid NASCAR fan, and was very excited about the NASCAR app that came with his pre.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Funny
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    ehem... my dad bought a pre this weekend, and he is an avid NASCAR fan, and was very excited about the NASCAR app that came with his pre.
    I'm a NASCAR fan. Most of the country is a NASCAR fan.

It's still funny.

And if Shannon Elizabeth and Elisha Dushku are both Pre Enthusiasts, then I thing Ronlongo was not entirely correct. If they both are Pre Enthusiasts then it is, technically, logically correct to put their circle wholly within the Enthusiasts circle, but in that case their separate circle adds no information to the diagram. A separate circle for the two of them that overlapped the Enthusiasts circle, thereby identifying them as Enthusiasts, but also providing additional information outside the Enthusiasts circle (I can't imagine what that information might be) would seem more useful.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    what about "people that wear baseball caps backwards"? they have to be in the mix somewhere.
    Are you talking about ronlongo or this guy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast