1.    #1  
    I have had a couple of touch screen phones (all on sprint) and I am currently using the Htc diamond. I was wondering if anyone has switched from the diamond to the pre. I am a bit worried about the keyboard. I have never used an actual querty keyboard only the digital ones on the phone, I am not sure I would like it. Thanks in advance to your responses.
    I had the HTC Diamond and switched to the Pre. For me there is no comparison, i've gotten to where I hate Windows Mobile. The Pre is a much nicer device, better interface, much smoother touch/gesture, etc. I like having the hardware keyboard, but i'm hoping that someone comes out with an on-screen keyboard for it as well. I would be nice to not have to slide the phone every time I need to type something.
  3. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    no comparison, honestly i dont think theres any touch screen phone on sprint that compares to the pre and iv had em all
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    The HTC Diamond is a cool looking device and I was so excited to buy it just like the Palm Pre but seriously dude its not comparison. The Diamond is CRAP compared to the pre.
  5.    #5  
    Hmm, now i just have to find another pre I guess. I have found them the past couple days but kept putting it off because I did not know if I would like it. For those of you switiching fromt he digital keyboard to and actual keyboard, how was it.
    Yeah Ive had the Htc touch and the diamond and I like the Pre wayyy better than the Diamond, I was tired of the same ol WM, wanted something different. The Diamonds keyboard was great, Ive gotten use to the Pre's. Make the switch man!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    The HTC Diamond is a cool looking device and I was so excited to buy it just like the Palm Pre but seriously dude its not comparison. The Diamond is CRAP compared to the pre.
    Ditto. Looked great, but the diamond was a nightmare, and the Pre is awesome. Phew!!!!
    The Diamond is an awesome phone. It is much more capable than the Pre is right now.
    WinMo is best suited for someone with the ability and time to tweak the OS to suit them, which is what makes it cool.

If you get tired of it, unlock it, flash a new ROM with WinMo 6.5... it's like a brand new phone!

Pre is not ready yet.
  9. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post
    The Diamond is an awesome phone. It is much more capable than the Pre is right now.
    WinMo is best suited for someone with the ability and time to tweak the OS to suit them, which is what makes it cool.

If you get tired of it, unlock it, flash a new ROM with WinMo 6.5... it's like a brand new phone!

Pre is not ready yet.
    thats what i was hoping
    but even running the latest mighty 6.5..there aint no comparrison
    i cant tell ya how many times i was late for work because my phone froze when it was charging and my alarm clock didnt go off or i needed to snap a photo and the camera wouldnt work..then you gotta pop the battery out and blah blah blah
    i went through 4 diamonds and 3 touch pro's
    and i had tomtom on there, wmwifi router and tons of usefull apps
    it still doesnt compare to the pre..trust me man if you try to the pre you wont be looking back
    Last edited by d94; 06/10/2009 at 06:06 PM.
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    thats what i was hoping
    but even running the latest mighty 6.5..there aint no comparrison
    i cant tell ya how many times i was late for work because my phone froze when it was freezing and my alarm clock didnt go off or i needed to snap a photo and the camera wouldnt work..then you gotta pop the battery out and blah blah blah
    i went through 4 diamonds and 3 touch pro's
    and i had tomtom on there, wmwifi router and tons of usefull apps
    it still doesnt compare to the pre..trust me man if you try to the pre you wont be looking back
    Coming from a Diamond with a cooked ROM, I completely agree. The Pre blows the Diamond away.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    switch from the instinct to the diamond to the pre.

pre trumps all. the only thing i liked about the diamond was its ability to customize anything i wanted.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    How is the transition from the Diamond's VGA 640x480 screen to the Pre's HVGA 320x480?

I'm just worried that I'll miss having all that extra screen space
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    The screen on the pre is really good. I don't even notice the difference between the diamond and the pre.

I still have the diamond on my main line while I evaluate the Pre on a secondary line. The pre is great at what it does. I am impressed by the operating system.

There is just some things holding me back from making it my main phone. I use Kinoma on my Diamond to stream podcasts and audible audio books at the gym in the morning. I think I could probably figure out how to stream the podcast on the pre but I couldn't read an audio book on the pre. Plus there are NO bookmarks in the audio player. This can be fixed with software.

I thought that Classic would allow the Audible palm client to work but it doesn't. I can get eWallet to work in classic but I don't think I can get the wallet file I use into ewallet. It requires a sync with a palm device. So I would have to sync it with a physical palm device and then try to locate the pdb file and that is a pain. So I haven't done it yet. Plus I have to buy both classic and ewallet for that solution.

I think the video player on the pre is much better and quicker than the diamond.

The real killer feature for me on the Pre is the camera. It is soooo FAST compared to the diamond. On the diamond you have to be able to time things. I hit click and wait 5 seconds before the actual picture gets taken. By that time my kids have walked off to another room. But the pre is way better!

The pre just feels like it doesn't need a reboot daily to keep it working. The diamond has to be rebooted just to back it up daily. Why?

I use the following apps on the diamond that I don't think will be ready for the pre anytime soon:

Seven - sync owa mail to my mobile outlook. EAS is turned off at my company

Slingplayer

Kinoma

News Feed

Ewallet

Audible Player/Air

Logmein

Citrix access

Those are the main apps I like. I still think the pre is a great smart phone and will have lots of apps. Just don't know if I will keep it after 30 days. The other kicker for me is the plan. I have an old plan $85 for 2000 mins 2 phones unlimited data sms and other stuff and I have to switch to ED1500 for $129 and we use 1700 minutes regularly. So it will be expensive. I am on the fence as to what I will do.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    I also came from the touch Diamond. I had a winmo 6.5 ROM on it and by comparison the Pre is wayyy faster, the camera..everything. I miss the intuitive copy/paste function, and the lack of an RSS/ podcast app is dearly missed right now. If you are on the fence I would wait and see if the small things get fixed..ie being able to modify notifications and alarms, save pictures from web pages..the regular stuff that should have been initially included. However what the pre does, it does awesome and what it is lacking you can get by with for the time being.
    One of the reasons I switched was specifically for the keyboard and I'm so glad I did.
  16.    #16  
    It would figure, now that I want one I cant find one!