Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Hi new forum member here.

I was first in line at my Sprint store on Saturday but promptly exchanged my first Pre after i noticed the yellowish discoloration. It wasn't until i got home that i noticed the 2nd one has the same problems but in different places on the screen (and it gets worse if the device gets warm while using GPS, other apps). I'm going to exchange it as well but am debating on how long to wait to go back to the Sprint Store.

So, just wondering: Is anyone NOT having screen discoloration issues? Any advice on how long I should wait to exchange?
    Please, God all mighty.. SEARCH!! Holy Smokes..
    Im not exchanging mind because I dont want to get one with more issues..
    Wow, wouldn't you know.. I used the sites Search feature, typed in Screen Discoloration and look at what I got..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=8370950

My God in heaven.. it WORKS, IT FLIPPIN WORKS!!! Treo/PreCentral were geniuses when they included this in their site.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    My God in heaven.. it WORKS, IT FLIPPIN WORKS!!! Treo/PreCentral were geniuses when they included this in their site.[/QUOTE]

What a j/a you're acting like. Cut him some slack!
    I'm on NM08SRT8's side...

I'm not even THAT much of a regular, but its becoming painful to wade through all these new users threads about the same damn thing.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Hey, guess what? I DID use the search feature and I found... A bunch of long forums full of mostly useless posts by you forum addicts that were basically indecipherable to someone who wanted a condensed answer. So great job to the several of you who kept this thread at the top of the list by repeatedly being trolls and ragging on someone in order to increase your post count.

Way to go, guys.
    OP: I've noticed the discoloration issue on mine, and yes it's a pretty widespread issue so this thread might be closed/locked soon, but I'm not going to yell at you to "SEARCH!" because I'm a noob on this forum too. But for my part, I've decided not to exchange my Pre, because at this stage in the game, the hardware is probably having widespread issues like this, and an exchange would just get me another bad one (like what happened to you).

Sprint's never been too good at customer service when it comes to phone swaps/repairs, but once they get some more stock in over the next few months (hopefully after Palm's manufacturer starts using some higher quality LCDs or does whatever it has to to fix the problem), we should learn more about Sprint's policies on this. Likely it's going to be inconsistent across stores and CSRs, so be ready for that. Even if you have TEP. That's sort of Sprint's MO.
    I got mine exchanged last night due to the screen discolorations... and while showing it to someone today, they closed the slider and the screen went black and the phone shut down (which I've seen posts about as well). So, this new one has a great screen... but has the slider-closing-shutdown problem.

2 for 2 so far! To top it off, my wife isn't nearly as impressed with the Pre as I am, and she is telling me I can have hers and she would be fine with going back to her old phone. (part of me was really disappointed because I know what the capabilities of both phones are)

Needless to say, I'm bummed out in a number of areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahnoff View Post
    Hey, guess what? I DID use the search feature and I found... A bunch of long forums full of mostly useless posts by you forum addicts that were basically indecipherable to someone who wanted a condensed answer. So great job to the several of you who kept this thread at the top of the list by repeatedly being trolls and ragging on someone in order to increase your post count.

Way to go, guys.
    Well guess what, Search for posts, instead of threads..
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    OP: I've noticed the discoloration issue on mine, and yes it's a pretty widespread issue so this thread might be closed/locked soon, but I'm not going to yell at you to "SEARCH!" because I'm a noob on this forum too. But for my part, I've decided not to exchange my Pre, because at this stage in the game, the hardware is probably having widespread issues like this, and an exchange would just get me another bad one (like what happened to you).

Sprint's never been too good at customer service when it comes to phone swaps/repairs, but once they get some more stock in over the next few months (hopefully after Palm's manufacturer starts using some higher quality LCDs or does whatever it has to to fix the problem), we should learn more about Sprint's policies on this. Likely it's going to be inconsistent across stores and CSRs, so be ready for that. Even if you have TEP. That's sort of Sprint's MO.
    This is at the top of every forum you go to. It applies to people who ahve been here 100 years, and people who have just joined. Just because you're a "noob" doesn't make you an exception to the rule.. here, I'll help you.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...d-threads.html