Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is the return deadline. I'm so torn. I love the phone in my hand, the interface, the whole thing.

But DAMMIT! If it cant hold a signal, what good is it? I'm not very bullish on this getting resolved by 7/6. But I'm crossing my fingers.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I just want them to provide 1 or 2 solid updates before that date to prove to me things will get resolved or added in a relatively timely fashion and then I'll keep my Pre as well.
    Could it be that you aren't all that close to a cell tower? My phone is fine at home but at work my signal is one bar and no EVDO. This is a little disapointing but not a deal-breaker since I was on verizon and even then I only had two bars at work. If I move close to a window I get better reception.
    Yep! Actually, July 3rd is already marked in my calendar... D-Day ("Decision" Day)!
  5.    #5  
    No, the sprint signal here is very strong, as evidenced by my fellow employees phones. Fact is, minute to minute, my phone shows 5 bars EV, then X no service, or if I set it to roam, it fluctuates between 5 bars EV to 0 bars, to 5 bars Roaming. All without moving the phone, and all within minutes. Wifi works like a champ, but what about on the street.
    Simply cant stay with this phone if it isn't ironed out by 7/6 or acknowledged by Palm, that they are aware and will have a solution soon.

Sad but what am I supposed to do.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    All of my Treos were awesome with reception, regardless of where I traveled in the city. My Pre, however, it temperamental walking from my car to the office door! Not too smart for a smartphone. I'll put up with it until the next update, but after that, I don't care how smart it is, if it starts acting like my coworker's Iphone, that can't hold a call, it's toast.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    No, the sprint signal here is very strong, as evidenced by my fellow employees phones. Fact is, minute to minute, my phone shows 5 bars EV, then X no service, or if I set it to roam, it fluctuates between 5 bars EV to 0 bars, to 5 bars Roaming. All without moving the phone, and all within minutes. Wifi works like a champ, but what about on the street.
    Simply cant stay with this phone if it isn't ironed out by 7/6 or acknowledged by Palm, that they are aware and will have a solution soon.

Sad but what am I supposed to do.
    Have you tried "updating network settings" and "updating PRL"?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    DO NOT GO BY THE NUMBER OF BARS. if your calls are being dropped and cutting in/out in the same location as when you were using your previous sprint phones, then you have a problem!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    Have you tried "updating network settings" and "updating PRL"?
    Yup, did that too. Even talked to Sprint CS about it. I know that there are a lot of people with the same symptoms. Might be a bad batch. I plan on trying to get a replacement at the Sprint store when they get them back in.
    I was told by a sprint tech support agent that I was too close to a tower (1.5 miles). What is up with that bull?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    DO NOT GO BY THE NUMBER OF BARS. if your calls are being dropped and cutting in/out in the same location as when you were using your previous sprint phones, then you have a problem!
    We're not idiots here. An "X" means no service. And when you can't access the web without Wifi, it's certainly a problem.

I want this phone to work as bad as palm does. But that don't mean its gonna happen.
    I also have this date marked. I really like the phone so far I just want to see more apps roll out...not sure why palm hasn't released the SDK yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    I also have this date marked. I really like the phone so far I just want to see more apps roll out...not sure why palm hasn't released the SDK yet.
    The damn store has almost doubled in 4 days.

Yes the SDK being out will be great, but don't say it like there are absolutely no apps out there.
    I like the Pre so far. The browser is awesome. The gps works great, as well as the camera.

But I must admit I miss my G1 a bit. With the rumours that the G2 will be out by the end of june its leaving me a bit torn. I'm hoping for some nice updates, some decent apps over the next month to help me with my decision.
    You can update PRLs all you want or even get an Airave. Fact is, there's a bug here. Those not griping probably live in very strong signal areas.

You'd think Sprint would be on this getting Palm to fix it as it reflects their network to all those new users who may have switched from another carrier.
    There's only one spot where this signal fluctuation drives me up the wall and its on this main road in my area where the signal fades... Only phone that could keep a call running there was this sanyo I got as a temp phone. Come on Palm! I'm not gonna return it but I'd like a working phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    The damn store has almost doubled in 4 days.

Yes the SDK being out will be great, but don't say it like there are absolutely no apps out there.

That may be true... But aside from two or three apps.. Most of them are crap so far.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    App store is of no concern to me. Knew the situation coming in, and I expect there to be mounds of Apps in the near future. Same with the many Calendar, Messaging bugs and deficiencies that everyone is griping about. All that will definitely be programmed to your desires in time.

But whether or not this reception issue is a hardware or software issue, is a totally different story. One that could spell disaster in my opinion. I believe WebOS is the future, but it may not be the Pre that perfects its.
    Just returned mine today
    I've not had any issues except in the one control booth where I have never gotten a signal. Still, the consensus seems to be that this phone gets worse reception for quite a few people. Hopefully they can improve it with an updated radio driver.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast