1.    #1  
    Hey, I have a question, when I get to the email window how do I delete an email without reading it , or highlight multiple emails to delete. For example emails I know are spam etc.. do you have to actually open them and can I delete multiple at a time.

Another question , I have the touchstone and was wondering if it was possible to charge using a usb or only with the power outlet.
    Multiple emails right now can't be deleted at once.
    But what you can do is drag the email to the Right and it will delete it.
    Without opening it !
    In the email app, try swiping the email to the right. That should delete it.

The device charges when connected to a PC via USB.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    In the email app, try swiping the email to the right. That should delete it.

The device charges when connected to a PC via USB.

yes...and that's pretty much the model for all applications with a list view when there is no "delete" option in the menu. e.g., the browser's bookmarks list

Some apps will present a confirm message when you swipe the item to the right and some apps will not. I believe that the email app does not present a confirm message because deleted email messages just go into the app's "trash" folder and can be recovered.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    yes...and that's pretty much the model for all applications with a list view when there is no "delete" option in the menu. e.g., the browser's bookmarks list

Some apps will present a confirm message when you swipe the item to the right and some apps will not. I believe that the email app does not present a confirm message because deleted email messages just go into the app's "trash" folder and can be recovered.
    Yep. And note that you can swipe to the left to delete email, as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6.    #6  
    thank you very much
    Thanks you all for answering this question... was getting quite infuriated!!
    Quote Originally Posted by caponeny View Post

Another question , I have the touchstone and was wondering if it was possible to charge using a usb or only with the power outlet.
    no.

also, who do you use for email that you still get spam?
    Quote Originally Posted by caponeny View Post
    You can charge with the touchstone using the computers USB hub or a Palm certified wall adapter.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    There is a "Read/Delete All Email" patch available using Preware. I use it running OS 1.3.1

You do not have to read your mail, just delete everything or one at a time the normal way of doing things...
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    You can charge with the touchstone using the computers USB hub
    no you can't.