Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Former Curve user and I wouldnt look back. I still have the curve activated for another 30 days but its going to be turned off if the Pre continues to perform like it has (excellently). I dont know why people like BBM so much. The only reason BBM does well is that its FREE for people on BB and really the only Option that works well. I actually hated that people using BBM could see if I read their messages. As for other apps, the only thing I am missing now is Viigo for RSS news feeds but I am sure there will be another option soon. Just having a real web browser and proper html formated email is worth dropping the BB for. As for the keyboard, its perfectly fine to me and I type just as fast. The only thing I am getting used to is having a period key instead of having to old down alt + m. I just think that people who try a device for 2-3 days just aren't making an effort to adjust.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I had an 8820 on ATT. I did use BBM and liked it however I only used it to converse with my wife. I wouldn't really miss it if they would add the emoticons to IM. The two things I really miss from my BB is spell check and not having to hold down the shift key to capitalize.
    It's funny how used to some features you get. I love the shortcut keys on my Bold but never used the press and hold to capitalize on the Bold. Always did the shift + letter.

Actually, don't like BBM. Didn't miss it at all with the Pre. People here in the office use it and I really don't like IM so it's actually a bummer having it again with the Bold. Although I think I'm just gonna make myself permanently unavailable
    Brandon
    BBM is locked down on our Blackberries but one of the things most people like about it is you can see if your message was read. Its also fast and free.
    I used a Pearl from Sprint. I like this email interface better than my BBES. I also saved $20 per month not needing the enterprise server anymore. I love that my contacts search goes to Global Address search from my company. I do miss spell checker on email though. Any ideas if that will ever come?
    Came from Verizon Curve 8330 to the Pre. Broke the contract. I really couldn't stand how gimped GPS was on the Verizon. They're just idiots for charging for that worthless navigator they have.

The browsing is much much better on pre. I liked the ability to skip to any part of a song with the slider on the curve, but oh well.

I also liked having the LED notification for new messages. Overall, the Pre is much better. I never needed email all that much on the curve, and the Pre's version is perfectly fine for me.
    Former Sprint Curve 8330 user. I liked the outlook integration and the way email worked on it. I don't miss the phone at all though. The Pre is just easier to use. I find lag trying to go from one app to another on the Pre (where as the Curve was faster), but the Pre is more pleasant to use.

I don't find the keyboard difficult to use at all. The Curve had a better keyboard because it was bigger, but the Pre's works just fine and i have no trouble with it.

The Curve had much better battery life, but the display sucked and the phone wasn't vibrant or exciting.

The Curve is a great business tool, it is not a phone for people who utilize it for anything else.

The Pre bridges the gap and is great for everything!
    I too come from a Blackberry Curve on Sprint. I miss BBM a bit (though not too much --- give me Yahoo IM and a functional AIM and I'll be set), a message notification LED (the button at the bottom would be perfect for this), maybe a spellchecker (not major) and I'll be perfectly happy with the Pre. So far, EAS works great for me, with no major hiccups. Overall, the Curve is a great phone for what it is, but I was never a power user of it, so the Pre is a great replacement.
    Went from original iphone > iphone 3G > BB Storm > Pre. Had everyone of them since they launched. BB Storm was horrible but on top of that, I just found the operating system to be outdated and archaic; no matter what UI you covered it up with.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeWebOS View Post
    I've always been a fan of BlackBerrys, but between the iPhone and the Palm Pre, they seem to be slacking at the end consumer level. And WebOS just seems so awesome, and I've been reading about how the root image was leaked out the other day, should this raise some security issues eventually?

But to my original question, are there any former BlackBerry users that have made the switch and aren't looking back?
    ME!

palm pre is lacking few features in texting that my curve had, like saving messages, but other than that.. no complaints at all.. except the dreaded battery, but thats minor details, id run out the battery on my curve too.
    I had a pearl. Loving the pre cause it gives me everything I had in the pearl but with a better interface and more fun options.

Only thing I miss is searching texts and emails. Hopefully that comes soon, dont know how many times that saved me

Of course for emails there is always the option to go to the gmail page directly so it's not too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by monty22001 View Post
    Came from Verizon Curve 8330 to the Pre. Broke the contract. I really couldn't stand how gimped GPS was on the Verizon. They're just idiots for charging for that worthless navigator they have.

The browsing is much much better on pre. I liked the ability to skip to any part of a song with the slider on the curve, but oh well.

I also liked having the LED notification for new messages. Overall, the Pre is much better. I never needed email all that much on the curve, and the Pre's version is perfectly fine for me.
    you know the gps on the VZW curve is unlocked now, right?
  13.    #33  
    Verizon should change their practices and stop locking down their phones.
    i miss double space for a period. I miss BBM. I miss hotkeys for app launches. I miss the speed of the trackball.

I do not miss the super lag after a lot of texts go back and forth between one person. I do not miss the SUPER LEAKY memory. I do not miss the lack of any quality apps (and yes VIIGO SUX...stop defending it). I do not miss the storm that i returned 30 days after it came out (Wanted to give it the full run). I do not miss my curve and its shatty build quality and crappy screen. I do not miss waiting for the effin Niagara (tour) to come out....

im happy with the pre...just a couple updates and well be golden! we need confirm deletes for emails tho...thats for sure!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Only unlocked for google maps, any other 3rd party GPS program will not work on the curve. Only the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    you know the gps on the VZW curve is unlocked now, right?
    I'm a long time blackberry user. I became very reliant on them after being given them for work for several years. When work stopped giving me blackberries I went out and bought a Pearl.

It is really an apples and oranges comparison. The Pre is the very best at what every BB sucks at (browser/interface). And every BB is the best at what the Pre sucks at (everything else). Please don't make me back up that statement with examples, ha ha. It would cause a big uproar. But BB users should know what I mean.

If you are on Sprint you don't really have many options for BB anyway, so that should make the choice for Pre a little easier.

If you use Outlook all day then you will miss your blackberry dearly. And if you are very reliant on your BB for whatever reason then it will be 1) a very painful transition and 2) a very awesome transition. In fact, I still don't know what I'm going to do with it. As long as I don't drop the pre I'm go back and forth every day on whether to keep it or not.
    I have the vzw curve. It's the most productive phone I've ever used. I'll prolly go back to it in a couple weeks. The pre requires too many extra clicks and swipes to get messages. Plus the curve has legendary battery life. The pre, not so much. I'll prolly look to the next webos device.
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetThug View Post
    I have the vzw curve. It's the most productive phone I've ever used. I'll prolly go back to it in a couple weeks. The pre requires too many extra clicks and swipes to get messages. Plus the curve has legendary battery life. The pre, not so much. I'll prolly look to the next webos device.
    are you joking me? i had 4 curves and all of their battery lives sucked bawlz!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    are you joking me? i had 4 curves and all of their battery lives sucked bawlz!
    Hahaah. I don't know what you do on your phones but my curve lasts for days.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    i miss double space for a period. I miss BBM. I miss hotkeys for app launches...
    You can do hot keys for speed dials. I'll have to check to see app lauches can be done too.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast