1.    #1  
    did google finally add an option to turn off auto-add emails to my contact list every time i compose or write to somebody from my gmail account?

i find it absurd if i send an email to a business or craiglist ad that it automatically shows up in my contacts list, which puts it in my pre phone list since its synce

anyway to stop this annoying google "feature" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    i find it absurd if i send an email to a business or craiglist ad that it automatically shows up in my contacts list, which puts it in my pre phone list since its synce
    I completely agree, anyone?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    No.. very frustrating. It just has to be in their future. Or at least allow us to distinguish between All and My contacts when tapping them for a sync.

Uni search is the best way to get at a contact in the Pre
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Nope, your best bet is to just once a week or so, maintain your Gmail account online. If you delete the contacts there, they will delete off your Pre during the next sync.
  5. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    No No No, Google already canceled that.

Gmail will NOT add every contact you email to your contact book! and they will NOT sync to your Pre! don't worry.

they already thought of this.
    I just spent 10 minutes deleting craigslist email addresses that were automatically stored in gmail thus in my Pre.

How can I make this stop? It's cluttering up everything.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    No No No, Google already canceled that.

Gmail will NOT add every contact you email to your contact book! and they will NOT sync to your Pre! don't worry.

they already thought of this.

i tried this just today to see
    i even emailed a bogus address: pee@wee.com

even tho the address is no good, still ended up in my google contacts
    but didnt end up in "my contacts" folder
    Last edited by Jupiter600; 06/11/2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: added info
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I just spent 10 minutes deleting craigslist email addresses that were automatically stored in gmail thus in my Pre.

How can I make this stop? It's cluttering up everything.
    This should have taken only 10 seconds. Why so long? Can't you go into contact, search "craigslist.org", select all, and delete?
  9.    #9  
    another thing too
    in my phone, google doesnt sync over any contacts that start with a number or + - etc ?
    what gives
  10.    #10  
    another thing too
    in my phone, google doesnt sync over any contacts that start with a number or + - etc ?
    what gives
    Log into google account online. Go to settings>chat. In section "auto add suggested contacts", select "Only allow people that I've explicitly approved to chat with me and see when I'm online."

I did this. Then I went into my google contacts and deleted everyone off craigslist, etc. Then I went to my Pre and forced it to sync to contacts.

Voila!

I am curious to know if this works for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbullard View Post
    I am curious to know if this works for others.
    Yep, that's the way to do it. No other option right now until Google sees the light.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    No, it's no other option till you can tell your Pre to only sync from the "My Contacts" folder and not the catch-all bin. Google does what I want; my Pre does not.
    New to this forum stuff. My question is. I happened to notice that contacts from my Pre are now in my Google "My Contacts" but its only new contacts that I have added recently to my Pre. I want to add all the contacts that were transferred over from my previous phone also to my Google "My Contacts". How do I do this? When I tell the phone to sync it does not sync old contacts to Google.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    i tried this just today to see
    i even emailed a bogus address: pee@wee.com

even tho the address is no good, still ended up in my google contacts
    but didnt end up in "my contacts" folder
    You do this from your Pre? People I email on me Pre don't show up as contacts, similar to how emailing them from a 3rd party email application on the computer doesn't have them show up either. I believe they only get added if you email them directly using gmail on your computer.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bandboy View Post
    New to this forum stuff. My question is. I happened to notice that contacts from my Pre are now in my Google "My Contacts" but its only new contacts that I have added recently to my Pre. I want to add all the contacts that were transferred over from my previous phone also to my Google "My Contacts". How do I do this? When I tell the phone to sync it does not sync old contacts to Google.
    would like to know also