Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think I might know the culprit of these battery issues. Between Saturday and Today, I've used 100mb of data based on my online account summary. How is this possible, when it's on sleep mode 95% of the time? I used about 200 minutes and haven't downloaded any apps except for Tweed. I've turned off GPS/location services, wifi, bluwtooth, etc.

Is this data usage normal?
    This is why they wanted unlimited data, thus the webOS. But who knows.. You sure its megabytes or megabites? (I'm not sure of the difference if someone wants to help me? )
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I have put on 250 megs of data so far since getting the pre sat....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    This is why they wanted unlimited data, thus the webOS. But who knows.. You sure its megabytes or megabites? (I'm not sure of the difference if someone wants to help me? )
    My usage shoes as 108,820kb since Saturday. I'm brand new to Sprint, so I know this should be accurate.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Don't forget the webOS 1.0.2 upgrade.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Don't forget the webOS 1.0.2 upgrade.
    I did that over wi-fi. Wait, does the data usage include wi-fi data too?
    No Sir.
    How do you find this out?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    It wouldn't include wifi use, since that activity would go through the cable/DSL provider.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by imekul View Post
    It wouldn't include wifi use, since that activity would go through the cable/DSL provider.
    That's what I thought. Even my iPhone didn't suck up this much data during a 5-day span. And I never used wi-fi for my iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I think he was on his account. I know that's the only way you can get your data info, more or less.

I think you can call *3 or something for your phone, and get the info that way too.
    Also don't forget about your daily backup.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I logged into my online Sprint account to find this information.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    235MB since saturday
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Also don't forget about your daily backup.
    I turned off all my back-ups on Sunday because I wanted to use Gmail contacts/calendar exclusively through Synergy. I only downloaded 1 app, which was Tweed. I don't care if I have to re-download.
    I think you mean the difference between megabytes and megabits.

Essentially 8 bits=1byte

A bit is 1 character (like the letter "A"), and 1 byte carries 8 bits.

1 megabit = 1 048 576 bits

1 megabyte = 1 048 576 bytes

So...

1 megabyte = 8 388 608 bits

Another way to look at it is that there are 1024 of each "previous" step to get to the next step.

For example, there are 1024 bytes in a kilobyte, and 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte.

I'm sorry to get off topic...

I'm pretty sure, though, that it is MB as opposed to Mb (lowercased b being bit)...though I didn't look at my own usage to confirm this.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andries View Post
    235MB since saturday
    Hows your battery life?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    It should be megabytes. There are 8bits to a byte. Like the download was around 65MB, that should be around 524 megabits.

1024KiloBytes=1MB, just threw this reference for some of the apps we download.
    I have you all beat:

316,334 KB since launch date.
    i have barely used 30 MB, I guess being on WIFI both at work and at home really helps. I cant accomplish to much on the short drive to and from either.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast