Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #2  
    It's been already said the exclusive isn't 6 months, by Dan himself. it's a lot longer.. Nice try Phone Arena..
  2. Jeffdc5's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #3  
    God no vz always ruins great phones.
  3. #4  
    When asked how long the exclusivity period is longer than 6 months, Dan said "umm, we haven't said publicly, but there is a good chance it is". So he hasn't said it is or it isn't. They are still in the works of trying to lock it in. But for Palm it would seem better for them to let it out to other carriers.
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdc5 View Post
    God no vz always ruins great phones.
    Agreed, they cripple the hell out of everything.
  5. #6  
    The fact they cripple GPS on their phones unless you use their VZ navigator service is ridiculous.
  6. #7  
    It will all depend on whetjer sprint will pay the price that palm sets. It would be good for palm to get it out on as many providers as possible, but if sprint will doll out the $ then it will stay an exclusive
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    It's been already said the exclusive isn't 6 months, by Dan himself. it's a lot longer.. Nice try Phone Arena..
    Wow this must be a conspiracy concocted by Verizon, The Wall Street Journal, AND Phone Arena!!

    Why would you care if Verizon gets it. Exclusivity deals hamper competition.
  8. #9  
    Yeah, Conspiracy alright.. That those 3 people would be right, Vs Dan Hesse himself.. who made the statement..

    And who said I cared? I know I didn't say it.
  9. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #10  
    All the great phones are carrier specific
  10. #11  
    From what I've read, neither Palm nor Sprint may discuss the term of exclusivity of their contract, because it's a confidential provision of that contract. I wouldn't be surprised to see a VZW Pre in the works, and wonder if existing Pres can be changed over (and whether VZW would absorb the early termination fee from Sprint to do so, as competitors in the high-speed Internet space are doing now). {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  11. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #12  
    Somewhat pointless thread as the people who have come over from Verizon have just signed a commitment to sprint for two years?

    Sure they could cancel in the next 30 days, but on this "RUMOR"???

    Has been talked about a lot on better information then this garbage.
  12. #13  
    Verizon never even said they would have the Pre. They said phones "like the Pre." That could refer to Pixie / EOS, or it could refer to a totally different, non-Palm phone that they will claim is "like" the Pre. Heck, the iPhone could be said to be "like the Pre."
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  13. #14  
    See here: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2009/06/...on-in-january/

    I have always said it would be 6 months of exclusivity. I was being alittle sloppy, the exclusive ends in 2009, so in january everyone else can get it, and will.

    Dan only said it was more than 6 months. A little misleading, but accurate, as 6 months would end on 12/6/09, and 12/31/09 is more than 6 months.
  14. #15  
    Verizon getting the Pre would have been better than sprint getting it cuz Verizon has the most out of the big 4 and Sprint has the least amount
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasonB View Post
    Verizon getting the Pre would have been better than sprint getting it cuz Verizon has the most out of the big 4 and Sprint has the least amount
    The most what?

    Most costs? Most crippled phones? Most users? Most coverage?

    Your post makes little sense to me.

    Sprint has roaming agreements with VZW, so saying they have better coverage is of little importance, and saying they have more users is not a very good reason to say someone is better. They definitely have higher rates, and cripple GPS on almost every phone (they recently enabled GPS on their BlackBerries, however)
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    The most what?

    Most costs? Most crippled phones? Most users? Most coverage?

    Your post makes little sense to me.

    Sprint has roaming agreements with VZW, so saying they have better coverage is of little importance, and saying they have more users is not a very good reason to say someone is better. They definitely have higher rates, and cripple GPS on almost every phone (they recently enabled GPS on their BlackBerries, however)
    i never said they were better i just said it would be better for Palm since Verizon has over 80 million people
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasonB View Post
    i never said they were better i just said it would be better for Palm since Verizon has over 80 million people
    You never said subscribers. You just said 'most'.

    And I am not sure that equates to more smart phone sales, as VZW tends to cater to the teen crowd as far as phone selection, at least in my experience.
  18. #19  
    I disagree. I left Verizon to get the Pre, along with a lot lower price for all the service that goes along with it. At least where I am, Sprint's service is proving no worse than Verizon's - which wasn't great. So I haven't given up anything in leaving Verizon.

    In two years when my Sprint contract is up, I think Verizon will have a tough time convincing me to come back.
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post
    Well, well, well, northside. Look at what we have here..... palm pre to arrive at verizon in January. Fancy that!

    After all your personal attacks on me for "making up a lie" about this, it turns out I was right.

    Eat it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions