Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    ...changing how I hold the Pre.

Instead of holding it as I would hold a standard telephone (all fingers on phone, palm against the telephone), I leave some space between the Pre and the palm of my hand (sort of holding it with my fingers the way the Q User Guide instructed users to do). I typically don't have to do this, but if I see reception is bad, I have had good results with changing how I hold the phone.

It seems to work with both wireless and radio reception for me.

(preemptive flame dousing: I know that you don't have to do that with all other phones. OK. I have no problem adjusting how I hold the phone for those times I need better reception. YMMV. I am happy with my results and I am sharing with the hope that someone can or will benefit from it.)
    Well again, referring to the manual, and any phone with an internal antenna.. you never wrap your hand around it. Always spider your fingers along the sides of it..
    Looking on the inside when I pulled the batter, maybe those "orange like" large lines are antennas? Maybe someone could shed some light on that question. Bottom line, an update could only ultimately fix the signal problems...

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    good idea i'll give it a shot
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    ... referring to the manual ...
    If I only had a penny for every manual that was never cracked!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    now that would be a poor solution if Sprint recommended that. They really need to come up with a software fix for this.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    doesn't work for me. still no bars most of the time in my house
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeitz View Post
    now that would be a poor solution if Sprint recommended that. They really need to come up with a software fix for this.
    Ummm... Really? Geez, I thought Palm made this phone and wrote the software.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Well again, referring to the manual, and any phone with an internal antenna.. you never wrap your hand around it. Always spider your fingers along the sides of it..
    Lovely.

I am a tech writer, and I write user guides for a living.

The mug on my desk even says, "RTFM."

My co-workers got a good laugh out of NM08SRT8's reply to me.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeitz View Post
    Software can only fix so much. If the phones have reception issues due to hardware design, it's going to be interesting to see what can be done. All I know is that I have improved my reception holding the phone as the manual recommends.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post

You might look into an Airwave from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Ummm... Really? Geez, I thought Palm made this phone and wrote the software.
    That's what I'm talkin about..
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
    Lovely.

I am a tech writer, and I write user guides for a living.

The mug on my desk even says, "RTFM."

My co-workers got a good laugh out of NM08SRT8's reply to me.
    haha, Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    Call Sprint. Ask for the "30 day return department". Tell them you want to return the Pre because of reception issues in your house where you never had issues before unless there is a solution. They will sed you a Fre Airave. YMMV regarding a fee. They claim no monthly fee but different posters have had different results.

BTW- they would not send 2 for free, just one. Also, I read that the Airraves are location based tru GPS and will apparently only work in the location you say is having trouoble. Also, although Sprint said Airrave also works for data, othe rposters have said it does not - voice only- youhave to go to Wifi for data in your house.
    ETUTREO300
    Quote Originally Posted by moonloop View Post
    lol, I'm sorry but I gotta say this. Who do you think the Airave would be by? Verizon? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ETUTREO300 View Post
    Call Sprint. Ask for the "30 day return department". Tell them you want to return the Pre because of reception issues in your house where you never had issues before unless there is a solution. They will sed you a Fre Airave. YMMV regarding a fee. They claim no monthly fee but different posters have had different results.

BTW- they would not send 2 for free, just one. Also, I read that the Airraves are location based tru GPS and will apparently only work in the location you say is having trouoble. Also, although Sprint said Airrave also works for data, othe rposters have said it does not - voice only- youhave to go to Wifi for data in your house.
    Hell, I have free Airave service too..
    Quote Originally Posted by moonloop View Post
    I'm thinking about the airwave, but I need airwave everywhere I go because my signal is normally 1 bar.
    Interesting, I'll try..