1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Just wondering for those of you not eligible for the full $150 discount plus the rebates, like myself, have gone into Sprint stores and started your arguments to get the full discount?? I have not tried yet but wanted to see if anyone talked there Sprint rep to give you the full discount?? If soo, let all of us know your tricks

Thanks!!
    Probably won't work. I signed up for a new acct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Lauderdale View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering for those of you not eligible for the full $150 discount plus the rebates, like myself, have gone into Sprint stores and started your arguments to get the full discount?? I have not tried yet but wanted to see if anyone talked there Sprint rep to give you the full discount?? If soo, let all of us know your tricks

Thanks!!

FYI: Starting an argument won't work...especially if you're not eligible for the full discount. Save yourself the hassle and just open a new line.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by oboroninja View Post
    FYI: Starting an argument won't work...especially if you're not eligible for the full discount. Save yourself the hassle and just open a new line.

FYI: I have argued my way before into a new 2 year contract and got all the full discounts for the Treo 755 when it came out well before my renewal date soo thanks though.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oboroninja View Post
    So if you open a new line, you get the fully discounted price? But then you have two phones and two lines?
    Quote Originally Posted by procure View Post
    So if you open a new line, you get the fully discounted price? But then you have two phones and two lines?
    My upgrade date is 7/1/09. I have called CS several times, gone into the store and have been turned down each time. Now my account is flagged as a repeat caller.
    I was able to get Sprint to pay 2 months of my bill so I could use that money to purchase the phone. I'm currently on two waiting lists, surprisingly both roughly 30 names long. So I'm thinking everyone did what I did and got put on both lists at both stores. They said they had got in 8 yesterday.. so we shall see. Hopefully if they get daily shipments, I'll have it by the end of the week.

S|P Customer eligible for $150 in Nov 1, 2009
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have 2 lines (one account) both were SERO. One was full upgrade the other was $75 discount. I e-mailed ecare and simply asked if they could make it so that both lines could get the Pre at $199. They agreed on the first try saying they would credit my account the difference for the $75 line. All I had to do was purchase the phones and scan and email them the receipt. To top it off, I was even able to have the cost of the phones charged to my sprint account (no cash out of pocket). I did this yesterday and as if this morning they have added a $275 credit to my account to bring both phones to $199, assuming the rebate is submitted successfully.

Simple, easy and very painless. Sprint customer service is getting so much better.

Of course, it could have been the fact that I was going from 2 $30 SERO plans to $129 Everything plan that sealed the deal.

The phone rocks.
    My rebate eligibility is also 7/1/09. This is due to the fact that a sprint rep made an error when swapping out my treo 700w for a new one (tech probs). I was told that on primary phone, you are eligible for a full upgrade after one year (by 4 different sprint people). I have had my treo for 21 months. They said they could fix this for any other phone, except the pre due to the strict Palm policy. BS....but maybe a blessing. Wait a few weeks and maybe get a better batch of phones (ie - slider/lock issue, cracks, etc which all seem to be QC issues) and another OTA update.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Bite the bullet and buy the phone.