1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I may be lucky enough to grab a Pre in the next few days, while out of town... But my questions is about interactions with Windows. I thought I seen it was compatible with XP and Vista only. I know I should be running XP, but I am still running 2000 on my laptop. I plan on this being the main Pre/PC team. Is this possible. Had anyone use the Pre on a 2000 machine... I hate to have to update to XP, as I have a few apps, that are membership only and can only be used on the one machine that it is installed on... and there is a charge to change it.. I guess I can wait til the next re-up on my subscription and do it then....

Any input would be great tho!!
  2.    #2  
    That is just my play computer... And the one I use for my stuff. The wife and kids get the good one!!! lol. I just use this one to surf and run a few programs for work... It would have had XP, but 2000 was all I had laying around at the time.. I currently use my centro to tether to it, and the pre would need to do this too (at least when its available).

And BTW - the Pre does have more power than the laptop....lol..
    You really, really should upgrade that OS. Windows 2000 is a security nightmare. It's got more holes than XP and Vista put together, and none of them are being patched any more.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    If you're still running 2000, your Pre will probably have a faster CPU and more RAM