Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Ive seen this being complained about a few times. I'm not sure if anyone had answered it or not (being that there are hundreds of threads) but if you dont want your Pre to roam:
    1. While in the keypad screen, tap the sprint word on the upper left.
    2. Hit preferences
    3. Scroll down to network
    4. Hit Sprint only. Now your phone will not roam.
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    Ive seen this being complained about a few times. I'm not sure if anyone had answered it or not (being that there are hundreds of threads) but if you dont want your Pre to roam:
    2. Hit preferences
    Why would you want to prevent roaming when all of the plans that are required for the Pre have free roaming on them????
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I was not aware that my everything plan had free roaming. I was afraid I will be charged extra. Good info. I will thank you.
    Thanks for the info. I was not aware that my everything plan had free roaming. I was afraid I will be charged extra. Good info. I will thank you.
    Just so you can see for yourself, here's a link to the breakdown of all the "Everything" plans. All of them say "no roaming charges".

Sprint - Define Region
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Just so you can see for yourself, here's a link to the breakdown of all the "Everything" plans. All of them say "no roaming charges".

Sprint - Define Region

That's valid in the US only. My wife took her Pre to Canada yesterday. we have a Simply Everything plan...yet Sprint confirmed that she will be roaming for both voice and data...at $0.59 a minute for voice and $2.00 per megabyte for data.

That's why
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    That's valid in the US only. My wife took her Pre to Canada yesterday. we have a Simply Everything plan...yet Sprint confirmed that she will be roaming for both voice and data...at $0.59 a minute for voice and $2.00 per megabyte for data.

That's why
    Sorry... Yes. I should have mentioned it's NATIONWIDE roaming. As it states in that literature.

So I guess if you're going to Canada or Mexico, Then you'll need to turn the roaming off.
    Sorry... Yes. I should have mentioned it's NATIONWIDE roaming. As it states in that literature.

So I guess if you're going to Canada or Mexico, Then you'll need to turn the roaming off.
    No prob at all. You just don't want to end up like this guy:

$62,000 movie download a result of poor travel planning - Ars Technica

Sadly enough, there are quite a few reports of similar experiences on Google. To Sprint's credit, they have data roaming disabled by default.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    2. Hit preferences
    hmm... i have no applications open and see the "sprint" word on the top left... i tap it but nothing comes up...

thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxint View Post
    hmm... i have no applications open and see the "sprint" word on the top left... i tap it but nothing comes up...

thoughts?

Have to be on the screen where you dial calls out from.

Sprint - Define Region
    Still can't get over how awesome the Everything plans are for the price...
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    But don't they limit your roaming to 50% of your voice minutes and 300mb of data max? I can't get any evdo in my town and have pretty bad sprint signal at home, so I force it to use alltel's evdo network.
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    But don't they limit your roaming to 50% of your voice minutes and 300mb of data max? I can't get any evdo in my town and have pretty bad sprint signal at home, so I force it to use alltel's evdo network.
    Might ask for an airave then. If you got bad signal, they'll give it to you for free.