Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    The first few days were a little frustrating trying to figure out how to use it. Now however I love the damn thing and like my wife, I can't live with out it (ok so my wife will never see the fact that I just compared her to a phone, but what the hell I love this damn thing!)

I guess saying everything is out of the question, but I would have to say multitasking is the best. I like that I can talk with a person get the phone number from my contacts he's looking for and at the same time type a sms to another person and get it ready to send. When all is said and done being able to go back to my emails is great.

I'm happy that gopayment was added (it allows you to run credit cards from you phone) which saves me a lot of time and money. I get lower rates using it and I don't have to keep someone at the office to use my old machine.

With moderate use (checking email 4-7 times a day, doing a little web surfing, picture mailing and lots of phone calls) I'm able to get about 12-14 hrs with the phone with out a problem.

What I dont like about my pre....well the damn plastic clip case. I jumped off my boat (only like 4 foot drop) the impact let the clip thingy come loose and tossed my phone on the ground (yeah I was lucky it didn't go into the water). I hope there are more games for it by the 17th (stuck in court for jury duty that day) I need something to help pass the time.

I've never owned a palm product before so I'm not having to relearn their os (guess I'm lucky in that way)

Ok so this was a pretty useless post, but if anyone else feels like posting what they love about their Pre go for it!
    Congrats on getting your Pre. I think you are exactly the audience palm was hoping would like the pre. I think most of us, long term palm users will be happier when 3rd party companies fill in the missing things we're used to having on our palms.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I to am very happy with the Pre. I am a former Blackberry user (still love RIM phones, but the Pre just blows it all away) and while my Pearl could multitask only menial tasks, the Pre just does everything I want and thensome. My friend is so impressed by the Pre when his contract is up with AT&T he might dump his Iphone and jump ship to the Pre and he loves his phone. Any who I am just rambleing at this point. LOVE THE PHONE!
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    hah. I hear ya, homer, I switched from the Blackberry Curve on AT&T to this phone. There's a few things I miss from the Blackberry design philosophy (indicator LED, tapping space twice to enter a period and a space... I still keep trying to do that!) but so far, I'm absolutely happy with the Pre. I loooooove having access to all of my IMAP folders, heavens I missed that since it wasn't possible on Blackberry devices.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm coming from a blackberry pearl. There are a few things missing but all of them can be resolved with 3rd party apps. The one thing I notice is that I am starting to use the Pre to do things I would only do on my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by wctieman View Post
    What I dont like about my pre....well the damn plastic clip case. I jumped off my boat (only like 4 foot drop) the impact let the clip thingy come loose and tossed my phone on the ground (yeah I was lucky it didn't go into the water).
    If you get the opportunity, ditch the plastic clip thing ASAP, and pick up the Palm leather one. Its unbelievably good - I bought both on release day, and the plastic clip was an incredible disappointment.