Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Heaven forbid, no.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Between the possibilities of WebOS and the Microsoft monetary funds this could be big.
    Why would they invest so much time in winmo?

I'd rather see Dell merge not buy.
    With WinMo 6.5 coming out soon it wouldn't really make any sense to make that kind of investment to practically compete with yourself.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpongitore View Post
    With WinMo 6.5 coming out soon it wouldn't really make any sense to make that kind of investment to practically compete with yourself.
    I think it would for both.... because wm6.5 is going to be such an epic failure they are already having to bring out wm7 next year. and lets face it webos could and should be wm7 so it could be a win for both. But with webos running linux I dont see that happening.
    News Story - Should MS buy Palm?

not

News Story - Should MS by Palm!
    MS has had a patchy if not down right awful record when it comes to M&A. I am getting less and less shocked each day what it takes to be an Analysts these days - they have become nothing more than cheerleaders.

Think about it -why does an Analyst provide his opinion or research for free unless he has already taken a position that once his announcement is made would appreciate the stock he is holding or his client who has "paid" for his research is holding.

Scratch the surface and you will see this will be bad for everyone but the shareholders of Palm.
    Oh, please no. This sounds like the recent speculative rumor that Facebook was going to buy Twitter.
    If Microsoft were a smart company, then it would not even consider something so crazy... not to even consider the new palm OS is what linux or some derivative of linux... hummm... why would MS do that?

Palm does not even make their own phones... they hire someone else to build them.

I could see google buying palm... for the name (maybe).

I could see MS buying BB for the infrastructure...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Like a gang drive by shooting?
    I like Microsoft, but I don't see them buying Palm.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    no. culture clash. and i want to see MSFT develop a better WinMob in version 7.0. if PalmOS truly gets EOLed, then WinMob might be my only option as a business user.
    Gekko said it with respect to the culture clash between the two companies. All MS could provide Palm is financial resources. Palm needs to innovate like a start-up if it's going to succeed. MS is too large of a company for that to happen. Plus having multiple mobils OSes is good for competition.
    If Palm needs finance it needs a business plan and a chat with bankers and investors - it doesn't need MS.

What's stopping Palm employees - many ex Apple just leaving and setting up on their own. The Palm guys from what it seems under Rubinestein and not under Colligan are a talented bunch who won't take lightly to being dictated to from above.

MS would smother Palm with their overly heavy Management structure which is a classic sign of mature industries.
    Microsoft needs to realize that you cant replicate a desktop on a mobile screen. To make a WM phone usable you need a shell program i.e. HTC's Touch Flow, SPB Mobile Shell.

Its Windows 3.1 on top of DOS all over again...... its 2009 and Microsoft still doesnt get it.
    [Windows 3.1 on top of DOS all over again...... its 2009 and Microsoft still doesnt get it..

Ms-dos rules. Me & my 1200 Baud modem, pcboard bbs (or majorbbs for you chatters).... You can't stop me now.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    If you read the story there is less in the story about MS buying Palm than in the title. There is more about other companies in this story that makes me believe this is a trader trying to bump interest in a stock he has a position on. However doing that is very risky isn't it!? I mean, airing speculation out in public affects the market to a degree that you directly benefit from!!

Anyway the story is a nothing edition.
    If they do they purchasing patents and hardware. ONly thing remotely close to a fone they have is the zune. They want palms multitouch patents for bigger and greater things.
    I totally disagree with you - I use no shell application at all and the device is very usable with no clutter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Microsoft needs to realize that you cant replicate a desktop on a mobile screen. To make a WM phone usable you need a shell program i.e. HTC's Touch Flow, SPB Mobile Shell.

Its Windows 3.1 on top of DOS all over again...... its 2009 and Microsoft still doesnt get it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast