1.    #1  
    I was wondering how much people paid when they purchased at best buy. This is for people that have less than the 22 month which would enable them for the 199 price.

So if you had it less than 22 months and went to Best Buy, how much did you pay?
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I'm also wondering about the total price paid (including activation and any other charges) and if there are any other diffs when you purchase at Best Buy (shorter/longer return period for broken hardware? different contract in any way?).

I asked this of a guy in my local Sprint store (thinking he would give me the hardest line against a Best Buy purchase) and he said that, aside from the instant rebate, it is the same as far as he knows.

Anyone else know?
  3.    #3  
    it would be great to know.. cause i was reading somewhere that they may give a bigger discount

One biggest thing is that they give the $100 rebate which sprint won't give (if someone can confirm)
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    It currently is same cost as if you were getting it from a Sprint store, except Best Buy does not do mail in rebates so any rebate would be applied instantly to your purchase.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Don't they charge an activation fee? Last time I went through them I was hit was a $36 fee.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I was a new customer, but it should be about the same. I got the Pre and the palm car charger for a total of 282 and some change. There was a 36$ activiation fee in there as well. Charger was 29 bucks
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    If you're an existing customer, the activation fee (called an upgrade fee for existing customers) is only $18. You can usually call into Sprint and get that waived. That's charged to your sprint account on your next invoice though, not Best Buy. I was out of contract so I only paid $199, but for those wondering, I also only paid sales tax on that $199, not the pre-rebate price.
  8.    #8  
    i read that someone just renewed their contact with less than 22 months of service and only paid $199.. can someone verify this?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard anything about trouble returning phones to Best Buy? Like, I know if I get the phone from my Sprint store and change my mind for any reason, I can bring it back within 30 days.

Is it the same exact deal at Best Buy?
    I called a few BB's and it is $350 if you are eligible for the $75 off. That's $125 cheaper than Sprint!
    I was quoted $211 including tax, 2 year new customer.
    So is it pretty much universal that Best Buy only charges tax on the post-rebate price? Or does it vary by store?
    Quote Originally Posted by richejc View Post
    So is it pretty much universal that Best Buy only charges tax on the post-rebate price? Or does it vary by store?
    It varies by state. CA recently passed a measure to tax the retail value before-rebate.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by richejc View Post
    It varies by state, not store. Some states require tax to be paid on the full retail amount.

Also, it isn't Best Buy that charges the upgrade fee, that's all on Sprint's side, we as Best Buy Mobile employees don't physically tack on the fee. I'd be thrilled if carriers would do away with that nonsense.

1-year upgrade price is $350 + tax for the Pre through Best Buy.
    Thanks guys for the fast replies... darn, CA strikes again! I might as well go to a corporate store then.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just checked with Best Buy. You will pay tax on $850.00 in California if you are doing an upgrade. You may pay $199.99 but they are nailing you on the tax $82.88!
    Total $282.87

At a Sprint Corporate Store you will Pay $299.99 and $29.50 in Tax.
    Total $329.46

Instant Savings buy purchasing at Best Buy $46.59

Savings buy purchasing at Sprint Corporate Store $100.00

I'll take the Sprint Corporate store!
    HTC EVO 4G
    Treo 700w > Blackberry 8830 > Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G
  17.    #17  
    purchased mine at best buy this month and my tax is 61.78