1.    #1  
    This phone is wonderful. It's just as amazing as it looked at CES some 6 months ago. The best feauture so far is the multitasking, what a brilliant integration in a cellular device and a true step above the competition. Furthermore the synergy among contacts and the ability to maintain a single conversation over several different media types makes contacting the other party a breeze.
    Also, I don't know how they do it, but the true puah e-mail is also amazing. I've never felt so connected.
    My only question is: do other people experience lag in web pages or the home menu when you have like 4 or more cards open? I just feel like the Pre is a little less responsive than my iPhone when a few apps are left open. Cards***
    Nevertheless, great device. Palm, I knew you had it in you, keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    This phone is wonderful. It's just as amazing as it looked at CES some 6 months ago. The best feauture so far is the multitasking, what a brilliant integration in a cellular device and a true step above the competition. Furthermore the synergy among contacts and the ability to maintain a single conversation over several different media types makes contacting the other party a breeze.
    Also, I don't know how they do it, but the true puah e-mail is also amazing. I've never felt so connected.
    My only question is: do other people experience lag in web pages or the home menu when you have like 4 or more cards open? I just feel like the Pre is a little less responsive than my iPhone when a few apps are left open. Cards***
    Nevertheless, great device. Palm, I knew you had it in you, keep up the good work!
    Yes, the phone is not very responsive vs. the iPhone while using the UI. Im hoping they can fix this soon. Im only trying this phone for 30 days, getting used to the hardware keyboard was my first challenge, but the phone OS overall does not feel done. More like version .7, but I have high hopes they can make the needed changes!
  3.    #3  
    Well, I have to disagree with you about the .7 remark. The OS does feel very complete. Its just some simple customization issues they neglected (changing alert noises etc) But yeah... Perhaps the OS just needs a little optimizing?
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Well, I have to disagree with you about the .7 remark. The OS does feel very complete. Its just some simple customization issues they neglected (changing alert noises etc) But yeah... Perhaps the OS just needs a little optimizing?
    I agree on the optimizing. It can get laggy after more than 5 or 6 cards I notice in my experience. WebOS is a 1.0 release and it does need tweaking. I do think the hardware is there to support better multi-tasking(600Mhz CPU in a mobile device is nothing to scoff at these days)
    my pre crashed at 7 cards and i returned it and THANK GOD i got my old sprint plan back!!!!! no tech or even the palm tech knew how to fix it!

heres a tip DO NOT put videos on your pre its will crash! all i did was have weather app on and a few other non stress apps runnng and tried to transfer 2 gigs of memory from treo 700p to palm pre

700p over pre