1.    #1  
    I love dialing local calls only using 7 digits.

On the treo's, you can specify to add ___ to 7 digit numbers. So you put your home area code in there, and if you dial 7 digits, it automatically prepends the area code to the number.

I'd hate to lose that, does the Pre have something similiar?
    Yep, it's there. You can set multiple ones for different length numbers. Eg, if I dial 7 numbers, it'll add the area code I specify. But on my university campus, all phone numbers have the same first 3 digits, so I can dial the 4 digit campus shortcut, and it will automatically add the area code and the 3 digit campus prefix; a la on numbers on campus are 515-555-wxyz, I just dial wxyz and it will add 515-555.

And this is in addition the having it add an area code to a 7 digit number, like adding 515 if I dial 555-wxyz.

I just thought thought it was cool you could do multiple prefix additions like that, I haven't had a phone that would do that before.
  3.    #3  
    very nice...thank you for the info. I want a Pre!!!

- but dont want to deal with possibly a phone with the light leakage or dead/stuck pixels. Even 1 is unacceptable, to me at least Im hoping in a few weeks those issues will be resolved. Had 4 centros in one day and they were all jacked up (a while ago), so im still riding a 755p
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    How do you enter the "home" area code for contacts with 7 digit phone#s?
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by comptuter View Post
    How do you enter the "home" area code for contacts with 7 digit phone#s?
    Dialer app preferences.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Under Preferences there is Dialing Shortcuts,When I dial 7 digits I enter my home area code. This works only when I dial 7 numbers from the keypad, if I dial from the contact list I get a mesage that I need an area code.

I must be missing something.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    That is an awesome feature!
    Not too good though for folks like me who live in larger
    cities where there is more than one area code. I dial 3
    area codes here in Atlanta on a daily basis.. 404, 770 and 678.