Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Just saw it over at Gizmodo. Type in "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", and you'll get an icon on the screen that will allow you to access developer mode. Not sure of what it does, but it's damned cool.

Just type it into Universal search- as soon as you type the last letter, you'll get the icon.
    And if you look at the original link, you'll see it was discovered here in the first place, making this redundant.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    And if you look at the original link, you'll see it was discovered here in the first place, making this redundant.
    I read it. I didn't see any mention of it on the main page, or in the forums. One of the best things about forums is that even if you miss it once, people post it again. And in some cases, within mere millimeters of each other (Bulls729 has the exact same thread that he posted before mine. Sorry about that!)
  4. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    what does enabling developer mode do?? does it give you access to a linux shell running on the phone? can you ssh into the phone from the outside? what does "access the MOJO SDK" mean in a literal sense after enabling it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtk View Post
    what does enabling developer mode do?? does it give you access to a linux shell running on the phone? can you ssh into the phone from the outside? what does "access the MOJO SDK" mean in a literal sense after enabling it?
    ^What he said.

Also, here's another article:

The secret to Palm Pre dev mode lies in the Konami code
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    oh 30 extra guys i do miss...

Do i type "select" if i want my buddy to help me develop?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    if you look at it that way, yes. but I check these forums 10 times a day to see if there's something new about the pre, but still I heard this via engadget first(which I check a lot less frequently). So the OP did a good job posting it again.
    If you look in the WebOS development section of precentral forums, you will find the hack info and what the Konami code is used for. People are now able to telnet to the device over wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I read it. I didn't see any mention of it on the main page, or in the forums. One of the best things about forums is that even if you miss it once, people post it again. And in some cases, within mere millimeters of each other (Bulls729 has the exact same thread that he posted before mine. Sorry about that!)
    So you're saying that Double Posting is ok..?