1.    #1  
    Hey guys got to admit I love this phone but there are a few things I need to be able to do. 1- someone figure out how to download mp3s to the phone directly.2- can't seem to figure out how to save pics from the internet. 3- I can't seem to figure out how to change my messaging tone.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solodarkprince View Post
    Hey guys got to admit I love this phone but there are a few things I need to be able to do.

1- someone figure out how to download mp3s to the phone directly.

Your phone can stream mp3 files from the internet, but not save them. You can save mp3's if they've been emailed to you as an attachment.

2- can't seem to figure out how to save pics from the internet.

You really can't, unless it's sent to you in the form of an attachment. Your best bet is to zoom in on the picture and perform a screen shot (orange key + sym + P). It will be saved under Photos/screencaptures

3- I can't seem to figure out how to change my messaging tone.

You can't.
    1- someone figure out how to download mp3s to the phone directly.

Your phone can stream mp3 files from the internet, but not save them. You can save mp3's if they've been emailed to you as an attachment.

Hrm. Ye old Blazer can do that.

2- can't seem to figure out how to save pics from the internet.

You really can't, unless it's sent to you in the form of an attachment. Your best bet is to zoom in on the picture and perform a screen shot (orange key + sym + P). It will be saved under Photos/screencaptures

Blazer can also do that... easily!

3- I can't seem to figure out how to change my messaging tone.

You can't.

I think any Treo ever made can do that, too!

Sorry, I'm just really bent on the 700p being the best device ever invented.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    I tried emailing myself an mp3, and while it did work, the song doesn't save anywhere I can access it. In fact, the only way I can seem to play that song is through the actual email I originally attached it through. Please tell me there's a better way!
    Quote Originally Posted by akim_hobo View Post
    I tried emailing myself an mp3, and while it did work, the song doesn't save anywhere I can access it. In fact, the only way I can seem to play that song is through the actual email I originally attached it through. Please tell me there's a better way!
    attach the phone via usb cable to your computer just like you would any mp3 player.
    Yeah, connecting via usb to my computer worked, the weird thing is that if you launch the "music" player from the launcher with an empty library, it prompts that you can bring in music three ways:

1) Email as an attachment (I can't seem to get this SAVED to my pre)
    2) Connect via usb (works great)
    3) Download via MMS attachment (anybody get this to work?)
    I think once other vendors launch their browsers on the Pre, that'd bridge this gap. OperaMini, Firefox...
    The new iPalm has adopted too many of Apple's attitude of "we're going to protect customers from themselves." They've hidden the file system from the phone user, just like the iPhone, and limited the ability of one app to see data created by another app, which is why you can't see an attachment you've saved in email from the music player.

I think there's a whole lot of undeserved optimism about what 3rd party apps and future upgrades will bring. Palm didn't put these limitations in by accident, or because they ran out of time. They're intentional, and I'm not sure the SDK is going to allow developers to get around them.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.