1.    #1  
    Okay, So I got my phone today, and I was so happy about it.
    For the first two hours, that is....
    Until I actually started to do stuff with it.

My problems:
    1. The Ringtones. So when I go to MYXERTONES and click 'Download Ringtone' it doesn't actually download, it just starts streaming. So I looked it up and it seems I'm not the only one with this problem. So I read that you can save it as an IPhone file onto your computer, plug in your phone, go in USB Mode, Drag the ringtone file to your Palm Pre Ringtone file. Well I did everything, then I unplugged my phone, go to my ringtones and it's not there! It shows up on the file on my computer, but it's like my phone not picking it up. Does anyone know why? Or another way to get ringtones to this phone?

2. I downloaded/saved some wallpaper. I go to my photos, and when I clicked save as wallpaper, it says Failed. I've tried restarting my phone many times, Can anyone help me with this?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    the ringtones from myxer are .m4a I do not know if these are compatible with the pre, but it seems from you experience, they are not. mp3's work perfectly. see if you can find a way to convert the m4a into an mp3.

as far as the wallpaper is concerned, what type of file are you using? what resolution? what file size? I have not had any issues with this.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    I've transferred music to and from me Pre successfully via the USB cord. BE SURE that when you finish transferring, you click the "remove hardware" icon in the system tray on your computer before you disconnect the usb cable.

What kind of file is an "Iphone" file? Is it an MP3? If not, I believe that is the only music files that the Pre recognizes. Make sure it's an MP3. I've had no issues with ringtones or music on my Pre thus far.

I tried Myxer also and it seems the Pre just isn't able to handle the download of files from websites properly just yet. I am hoping, and assuming, that this will be fixed with future updates.

As far as your wallpaper issue, I can't help you with that one..
  4. joelpalm
    Are you running 1.0.2 software?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyb504 View Post
    Okay, So I got my phone today, and I was so happy about it.
    For the first two hours, that is....
    Until I actually started to do stuff with it.

My problems:
    1. The Ringtones. So when I go to MYXERTONES and click 'Download Ringtone' it doesn't actually download, it just starts streaming. So I looked it up and it seems I'm not the only one with this problem. So I read that you can save it as an IPhone file onto your computer, plug in your phone, go in USB Mode, Drag the ringtone file to your Palm Pre Ringtone file. Well I did everything, then I unplugged my phone, go to my ringtones and it's not there! It shows up on the file on my computer, but it's like my phone not picking it up. Does anyone know why? Or another way to get ringtones to this phone?

2. I downloaded/saved some wallpaper. I go to my photos, and when I clicked save as wallpaper, it says Failed. I've tried restarting my phone many times, Can anyone help me with this?
    1. Everyone's gonna have that problem you speak of, because it's not a "problem". The Pre, like the iPhone, cannot download files OTA. It's a pretty simple solution though- go to the site on your computer, save the file (mp3, wma, m4a, etc), and then plug in your pre in USB mode and drag the files over to the ringtones folder. They'll be there once you disconnect the phone from your computer.

2. See #1. You can't download files over the air, and as far as I know, there's no "save as wallpaper" function. That's a function found on the iPhone, though.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    1. Your first problem is easy to solve. When downloading ringtones from myxer, opt to download the iphone file. This will save it to your computer. Before dragging the file to your Pre's ringtone folder, change the the file format from .m4r to .mp3 and voila! Problem solved. Now you can drag it into your Pre and you got tones.

2. Not sure what's up with that. That's just weird. I download wallpapers from sites and drag the pictures into my wallpapers folder on my Pre. Works fine.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    At least read some reviews before you buy stuff.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    When using myxer you have to use the iphone selection so it will work. I had problems with it at first but tried the iphone way and it worked fine.
    Try this: Go to "Device Information" under launcher. At the bottom of that page tap "Reset Options." Tap "Restart." Be careful to not tap partial or full erase as that will erase information you might wish to keep. Hope it works.