Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    any Microsoft product (namely Outlook). Palm has abandoned Outlook and most of the non corporate Exchange, POP3 world for Gmail. Good for Google, bad for everyone else. This includes Outlook calendar, to do notes, contact list, etc..
    I refuse... let me repeat... refuse to use Outlook or Palm Desktop. Both are chained to a desktop. I refuse to pay $$$ to Microsoft to use their PIM app when I can use others that are 1. Free 2. Platform/OS agnostic.

IMO Outlook and desktop PIM apps in general are dinosaurs waiting for extinction.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I refuse... let me repeat... refuse to use Outlook or Palm Desktop. Both are chained to a desktop. I refuse to pay $$$ to Microsoft to use their PIM app when I can use others that are 1. Free 2. Platform/OS agnostic.

IMO Outlook and desktop PIM apps in general are dinosaurs waiting for extinction.
    so what are you using? IMO you get what you pay for when it comes to PIM. Google Contacts is AWFUL IMO. primitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 700p over PRE View Post
    im with you PF!!!!!!!!!!!

no sd come on i got the sd card that flips to usb and i think everyone should own one.theres no copy and paste and its not one-handed friendly and the ringer goes off even if its silent.ive been palm since the treo 300 and this is the worst palm ever
    aghhhhhhh i hate it and it died and got my old phone and plan back from sprint .
    Uh, maybe if you had read about the Pre, you would have known that is had no SD Card slot before you bought it. It does cut and paste. I one hand my phone most of the time. And finally my silent switch has yet to fail me.

If anyone is to blame here its you, not Palm or Sprint. If you had done the research about the phone you would have known what you were getting. You didn't even have to read. There are tons of videos and even more all the emulator videos on the phone. Don't buy a phone expecting things it never promised. That's like buying an iPhone and yelling at Apple or AT&T because you can't cut and paste. They'd look at you funny too.
    Last edited by decaren; 06/10/2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: forgot to finish a sentence :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    so what are you using? IMO you get what you pay for when it comes to PIM. Google Contacts is AWFUL IMO. primitive.
    I use Evolution and GCalDaemon on Linux to sync to Google. There are several other options available, but this one works the best for me. Before I used ScheduleWorld which syncs with Google too so you can use SyncEvolution. Either way when setup, both were seamless and I didn't even know they were running. Thunderbird is another option and of course not just for linux. I'm with kilofoxtrot, I don't like paying for locked down over priced software. Yet another reason why I run Linux on all of my machines, and now my phone too
    Last edited by decaren; 06/10/2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: wrong user name
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12