1.    #1  
    I have my pre and i love it. One thing that i have a question about is how to get pandora to play thru my cars speakers. I tried using a cassette adaptor being that my stereo doesn't have a aux input and it sounded terrible. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as how to do so with better sound quality?
    Thanks in advance for ya help.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanOwens6 View Post
    I have my pre and i love it. One thing that i have a question about is how to get pandora to play thru my cars speakers. I tried using a cassette adaptor being that my stereo doesn't have a aux input and it sounded terrible. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as how to do so with better sound quality?
    Thanks in advance for ya help.
    You could replace your headunit and get a built in aux input... The cassette is really the only way to go if you don't have an input since an FM transceiver will sound worse. Could also try ticking off the higher quality audio option in the preferences for Pandora.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    My FM mod sounds awesome (plus it has a built-in USB port, so I can plug the charger cable in and trickle charge while I use Sprint Nav and Pandora - it's the ultimate satrad & GPS killer )
  4.    #4  
    thanks for your response i didnt even see the higher quality option i will definitely give that a try.
    My cassette adapter sounds awesome with the pre and pandora ... maybe you need a new one ... I have a new one ... just bought it recently ... I was giddy about this feature because it sucked with my HTC ... would only play on one side of the car ...
  6.    #6  
    Libb do u have a special FM mod? where do u find hom much does it cost etc?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'm using a Motorola T505 that connects to my Pre via bluetooth and streams over FM to my car stereo. It actually works really well, and is also a handsfree device for answering calls. I'm really happy with it. A direct connection would be ideal, but this works for me. I got it at newegg for under $100.
    -J
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    buy a honda element. they have an audio input.

Quote Originally Posted by frank828 View Post
    buy a honda element. they have an audio input.

You know what else has an audio input? A Subaru WRX.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    You know what else has an audio input? A Subaru WRX.
    i can fit lots of boxes in my car.

:|
    I have been super pleased with the way the Pre has worked with my Sony Xplod with bluetooth. I paired it up and when I start Pandora it play immediately through the car, I can skip songs through the headunit, and when I shut the car down it automatically pauses Pandora! Awesome!
    Sprint Palm Pre....greatest Sprint phone ever created.
    quick answer buy a bluetooth cd player from best buy. i bought a pioneer one for $120. the music streams wirelessly via bluetooth. and i can answer calls
    I got a third party aux input for my stereo.
    On mine it basically just plugs in where you'd plug in a CD changer in the back and allows for two aux inputs.. works/sounds great.

There's also a after market hands free device, from Parrot (and probably others), that wires in to your stereo and allows you to stream music via bluetooth.
    I have a have one of the devices from Parrot, works fantastically, but I didn't get the one to stream the audio via bluetooth 'cause I had the iPhone at the time and it couldn't do it... guess technically it still can't until 3.0 comes out.

If you're going to get hands free for your car, and don't have it, you may just want to get the parrot device.. but pay to get it installed unless you can get the wiring harness for your radio.
    If you have Bluetooth or are not going to get it, just get the after market aux input.

HTH.