Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    is anyone else having this problem? mine is gaining about 1+ minute per hour, so depending if i reboot for whatever reason, i've been off by as much 20 min.

i have it set to get network time, so when i do reboot, it resyncs and the time corrects itself
    That's very weird. Mine seems to be keeping the time. Doesn't it get the time off of the cell network?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    ....Doesn't it get the time off of the cell network?
    It should, yes.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    it's supposed to. it's set to. but only seems to when when i reboot.
    I've noticed that the time in the title bar and the time in the clock app are not always the same. No other issues though.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    mine was 5 minutes ahead
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Weird... mine is always on time... are you on sprint network or roaming when that happens?
    My phone exhibits this behavior as well - it runs 5-10 minutes ahead of the actual time when I have it set to network. I just set the time correctly manually, then switched it back to network, and it appears to be right, but we'll see if it changes again.
    same here, it runs 10min faster..even turning off the network time and network time zone and setting time manually...really annoying
    Thats really odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxcv View Post
    is anyone else having this problem? mine is gaining about 1+ minute per hour, so depending if i reboot for whatever reason, i've been off by as much 20 min.

i have it set to get network time, so when i do reboot, it resyncs and the time corrects itself
    Are people around you aging faster? If so you might have accidentally launched the time travel app.
    Is this affecting many people? I seem to have the same problem. However, someone else at work with a Pre doesn't. Very strange.

I called Sprint and the best they could offer was to do a full reset. I tried that and it seemed to help for about half the day, then the clock started running fast again.

Methinks this unit's going back for a replacement.
    Has anyone found a cause or solution for this issue?

Mine seems to have started doing this a day or two ago.
    Mine only did that when I tried switching my phone to Sprint/EVDO only. After I switched it back to default settings it stopped. That wasn't a 5 or 10 minute thing though..that was switching me to an entirely different time zone.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Hmmm. I hadn't noticed this before reading this thread - but a quick check against the atomic clock revealed my phone's time was behind by 42 seconds. After a reboot I was 12 seconds fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    Hmmm. I hadn't noticed this before reading this thread - but a quick check against the atomic clock revealed my phone's time was behind by 42 seconds. After a reboot I was 12 seconds fast.
    My experience wasn't that subtle: we're talking may minutes fast after just a few hours turning it on, not a few seconds.

I exchanged that pre for a new one and haven't seen the problem since. (I'm also seem to be getting much better battery life with the new one.)

Rich
    i noticed the time is a couple hours off on the internet. when i visit forums or go on facebook, the time of the last post or wall message are way off. but my regular phone clock is accurate.
    I am experiencing the same issue. The thing I notice is that when I have it plugged into the wall charger the time stays correct. Once I take if off, it starts to gain around 15 minutes every hour which is intolerable.
    I thought it might have been battery related so I bought a new one and tried it. No luck.

I bought it into the Sprint store and now I'm on the waiting list to get a replacement. (v1.03 update didn't help either)
    yea mine is about 5 minutes behind. but once i restart it, it's fine.
  20. huh
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    +2 Pre's that have the same issue. Seem to run ahead 3-5 minutes randomly. Corrects on restart and runs smooth for a day or 2 before it happens again.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast