Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    My problems stopped when I uninstalled the iphone user agent spoof patch (which I did because it broke the engadget app). After removing that, the phone rebooted and since then I have had ZERO time issues. I don't know if the two are related or what, but hey, I'm really happy it is working again. Also, I did seem to start having the issues around the same time that I originally installed the iphone user agent spoof patch.....
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    My problems stopped when I uninstalled the iphone user agent spoof patch (which I did because it broke the engadget app). After removing that, the phone rebooted and since then I have had ZERO time issues. I don't know if the two are related or what, but hey, I'm really happy it is working again. Also, I did seem to start having the issues around the same time that I originally installed the iphone user agent spoof patch.....
    Nah, try installing it again.
    At first I thought it may be the quiet powerd messages patch that I had installed. I uninstalled it, rebooted the phone and it started working.

I just posted under 'general complaints' thinking that I had broken the damn thing (I'm good at that.).

I am having problems with my time creeping ahead too. I am in Lafayette, IN, on Eastern Time. My phone ends up around 3-4 minutes fast. I just got it a week ago. It is driving me *i.n.s.a.n.e.*

I hope there is a *REAL* fix for this stupid problem, else I'll go in and have it replaced. BTW, mine is on Verizon, I got it on the release date of the 25th.
    Forgot some of the questions. I'll do this again.

1. Do you have network time on or off? (ON)
    2. Location (Lafayette/West Lafayette, Purdue University)
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? (fast)
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? (2/3 minutes)
    5. Do you travel across time zones? (Yes, back home to Chi-town)
    Same here. Pre is ~10-12 min fast when using Network time. No patches or any sort of modifications.
    1. Do you have network time on or off? (ON - tried both)
    2. Location (Tempe, AZ - and PHX metro)
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? (slow)
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? (time only progresses if display is active)
    5. Do you travel across time zones? No, but AZ doesn't use DLS, so many devices switch TZs rather than implementing the simpler and more accurate GMT -7 hours notation.

I had this problem as well - it seemed that the internal clock (whatever the OS and software clocks hook to) was not operating when the LCD was off, either that, or was not updating the current time when awakened.

I tried many of the same things others have, but the only lasting success I have found was to SHUT OFF, PULL BATTERY OUT, REPLACE BATTERY BACK INTO HANDHELD, POWER ON.
    I went so far as to run the prolonged diagnostics, yet found nothing. My theory is that certain areas of memory may become corrupted and unwritable by the system clock (temporarily) until power has been completely removed.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    2. Location (Central PA)
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? (Slow)
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? (Variable)
    5. Do you travel across time zones? (No)

Switching Airplane Mode on and then off works, but I only started noticing the problem yesterday.

What's up? I didn't realize this was happening as much as it seems to be.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    2. Location (Denver CO, New York NY)
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? (Slow)
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? (Variable)
    5. Do you travel across time zones? (YES)

Started happening for me on Feb 4 2010
    2. Location (Central time, Cedarburg,WI)
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? (Fast)
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? (5 or 10min.)
    5. Do you travel across time zones? (no)

Started happening for me: unsure, just noticed it that last 3 days.

add me to the list of people that have the wrong time on my pre....***, i have a atomic clock at home and my pre is 5min-10min off. never 6,7,8,or 9 min. exactly 5min. or 10min.
    1. Do you have network time on or off?----------On
    2. Location ------------------------------------Charlotte
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? --------------Fast
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? --------10mins or so
    5. Do you travel across time zones? -------------No

I use an Airrave at home, and I have exchange email setup...
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I've had the issue—twice now. Damned annoying, as there seems no way to "jog" the phone with any settings change. Always takes a reboot.
    Shouldn't have to reboot. Just turn Airplane Mode on and back off.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    That's all I do.
    This works, but if your clock stops when the display is off, rebooting fixes it.
    My son was having this problem so he switched it to manual time. Now when he tries to switch back to network time it won't connect. It says .....waiting for network time........
    Quote Originally Posted by seabear View Post
    My son was having this problem so he switched it to manual time. Now when he tries to switch back to network time it won't connect. It says .....waiting for network time........
    Network time then reboot the phone.
    Are you syaing when it's trying to connect to Network Time, reboot???
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I'll try that next time. Dunno why I didn't think of it, but thanks.
    I've had minor cases in this too. One time my clock was almost 5 minutes ahead and I found it out once I was sitting in an empty classroom with just the teacher and I because no one else was there
    I tried the full reset, worked for a week, now it's fast again. So dont bother.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast