Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I have experienced this twice now. The first time this happened when year changed. Clock practically stalled. Clock started to work after shut down, taking the battery of for few seconds and then switched on.
    Today, different story. Clock started to go faster. This time I only switched to aeroplane mode for few seconds and back to normal mode again. After that clock is running, well - like a clock.
    Before, in between - and after - these incidents clock kept going precisely in time.

1. Do you have network time on or off? (ON)
    2. Location (Hard set for Helsinki)
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? (First time stalled, second time fast)
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? (stalled / ca. 1 minute an hour)
    5. Do you travel across time zones? (No)
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Same here. Clock jumping by hours and hours.

Seeing as this is a big issue affecting quite a few people I would like to research this issue further. If you would be willing to assist in providing a log file from the device please PM me.

I would also like the following questions answered

1. Do you have network time on or off? Doesn't matter. Occurs both ways. It will not reacquire network time unless I reboot
    2. Location ATL
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? Jumps all around by hours
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? Jumps around by hours
    5. Do you travel across time zones?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    airplane on/off was a quick fix, but I can't help wondering what might be happening. Is it correlated, possibly, with Google thinking I'm wanting to use the French or Spanish version?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    From the Palm forums:

Folks,

This is a bug there really is not troubleshooting that can be done to "resolve" the issue all we can do is perform workarounds to get the issue corrected temporarily.

The easiest workaround without having to restart your device is.

1. Turn on airplane mode

2. Toggle network time on and then back off

3. Turn off airplane mode

Any fixes that will be made available for this issue will be through a over the air webOS update. I will keep this thread updated if an update comes out that is supposed to resolve this issue.

Re: Bug: Palm Pre Clock Skew - Time Syncing Broken - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    From the Palm forums:

Folks,

This is a bug there really is not troubleshooting that can be done to "resolve" the issue all we can do is perform workarounds to get the issue corrected temporarily.

The easiest workaround without having to restart your device is.

1. Turn on airplane mode

2. Toggle network time on and then back off

3. Turn off airplane mode

Any fixes that will be made available for this issue will be through a over the air webOS update. I will keep this thread updated if an update comes out that is supposed to resolve this issue.

Re: Bug: Palm Pre Clock Skew - Time Syncing Broken - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
  6. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Its quite incredible that this problem exists and Palm aren't correcting it. Quite a significant flaw. My clock gaines eight minutes between Friday & Sunday, which is a *big* difference when you rely on a device for reminders!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Today is the first time I've noticed my time was 5 minutes fast. I rebooted the phone and it corrected itself. At the end of an 8 hour work day my clock was 1 minute fast.

Why this is suddenly happening is surprising.
    Mine did this for the first time ever today...gained around 2 minutes all at once this morning and then by the time I got home from work had gained a total of 5 minutes. Reset and it's back to normal, but it'll be interesting to see what happens going forward.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I've switched to full manual. We'll see if it sticks.

Update: full manual did not work. Installed the NTP Sync app from the WebOS Internals Feed. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-ntp-sync.html
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    When it happens, are you primarily indoors for long periods?
    Last edited by sushi; 01/26/2010 at 01:19 AM.
    Wow this is crazy, I too have noticed a couple times that my pre has had the wrong time. I didn't think it was a widespread issue or rather I hoped it was not. It seems it is some kind of crazy pre time travel thing going on is what I suspect.
    The clock is really annoying me. I never know when the exact time is. And since I use my phone as my watch on campus...it's not a good thing.
    My Pre is fast too, by a few minutes every day.

Palm, why don't you automatically update the time using the data from the cell tower, just like what happens when we manually toggle Airplane Mode?
    I recently had a similar problem, but my Pre lost track of time and sometimes it was missing 2 hours or more!

I tracked it down to the Quit powerd messages patch. I know it should not have nothing to do, but it was the only weird thing I had installed recently. Got rid of it a couple days ago and my Pre is getting the correct time again
    My girlfriends pre has this problem mine dose not, mine is homebrewed patched and theamed, hers is not. Mine has tons of apps hers does not.

we are PST and live togeteher so that whole sprint network and towers being bad thing is total BS!!!! I have 5 lines on my account 2 Palm Pre's 2 Palm Pixi's and one Treo Pro. So far her Pre was the only one with this problem as of a week ago, but now one of the Pixi's has become infected with what ever this is bug. I should state that the infected Pre has not had this problem and has worked fine until a week ago.

I've took the battery out, reset it, turned off network time, toggled GPS, basicly everything they suggest in this thread and no such luck. It evan falls behind if I turn off network time and set it my self. I love palm but they are burnning there bridge with me!!!!
    Last edited by The Juan Juice; 01/27/2010 at 11:10 AM.
    1. Do you have network time on or off? ON
    2. Location Los Angeles
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? slow
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? Up to 2 hours
    5. Do you travel across time zones? no

This just started happening to me two days ago. Since I rely on the reminders on my Pre this is not a good thing for me either. I agree, this requires a better fix than toggling Airplane Mode or restarting.
    Mine started giving me issues yesterday. It will just stop tracking time. I'll be using it and the time is correct.
    • I'll press the power button on top and set it down.
    • An hour later I'll pick it up and slide it open
    • The time will be an hour behind. It will then start tracking time
    • I'll turn it back off, and come back sometime later, and the time is still back when I had last used it.

Talk about ANNOYING!!!

I have both network time and network time zone set to "ON".

I haven't noticed, but now I just did. Cycling airplane mode fixes this for me. It then picks up the correct time.

Palm simply HAS to fix this. This is an incredibly stupid problem.
    everyone go here and do this about the time problem.....(it will only help if they get tons of feedback about it!!) Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Wow, the fact it no longer keeps accurate time is making it so the damn phone isn't working properly. My email isn't coming in properly, tweed updates aren't happening, etc....

I'm about the stomp on this damn phone and go to sprint with the pieces and demand a new one.
    I just found something weird.

Yesterday at night, my Pre stopped keeping track of time (I turned it on at 5 am and it was showing 8pm, from yesterday). I did several tests and its clock just stopped whenever I turned the display off.

At work I plugged it to my machine and logged in with novaterm, and it kept working fine until I unplugged it from my computer, at this moment the time froze (until I turned it on, that is).

After searching in the kernel messages I didn't found anything relevant, so the last test was to restart the Pre (a full restart, battery swap-like).

It has been working fine (even in Airplane mode) for the last hour.

So, maybe a daemon died, a watchdog, I don't know, but it can be fixed by restarting.

The problem is that I don't know why it died, or how to check it

Try it, if yours starts getting weird with time keeping, reset it (Orange-Sym-R).
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast