Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    1. Do you have network time on or off? ON
    2. Location Kaneohe, HI
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? Time freezes. Everything else works, just the time is stuck.
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? So far, it froze twice today. At one point it was showing 3pm and it was 7 pm
    5. Do you travel across time zones? NO
  2. Lpg
    I first noticed this on New Year's Eve - my Pre was 2 minutes fast at midnight, so for all I know it might have started with 1.3.5. I have had my Pre since 1.2.

2. Location Southern California (northwestern Los Angeles area)
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? Skews fast
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? Appears to be roughly a couple minutes per day
    5. Do you travel across time zones? Not often - maybe never yet with the Pre

I have been resyncing it via Airplane Mode every couple days, when I notice it's off by a few minutes. FWIW our Pixi doesn't appear to suffer from this at all.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I tried a solution suggested by taking the battery out and reinstalling it yesterday and the phone has kept the correct time since then. I'll keep you posted whether this has solved my problem permanently or how long it lasted.
    I have noticed my phone in the future recently. By about 5 minutes or so
    2. Location Toronto, ON
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? Time freezes. This might be happening whenever I lock my phone but it only started today so I didn't test it out much.
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? It freezes and doesn't update until I turn on Airplaine mode and then turn it off. Then it freezes again after the update.

This never happened to me until today and I've had my pre for just a little more than a month. I just installed 1.3.5.1 a couple weeks ago cuz Bell didn't get it until recently.
    Thanks to all who have provided log files for the issue. We are actively researching this issue any resolution will be provided in a future webOS update. I will also keep this thread updated with the latest information in regards to the issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by botanu View Post
    I tried a solution suggested by taking the battery out and reinstalling it yesterday and the phone has kept the correct time since then. I'll keep you posted whether this has solved my problem permanently or how long it lasted.
    I tried this 24 hours ago and so far so good...
    My pre has always been off. It gains a minute or so every day. I just reset it in airplane mode but it would be great to beable to depend on it without having to 'fix' it all the time. It got mine on 6/25, the day MJ died.
  9. BMS
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktarson View Post
    It's only a temporary fix, sorry to burst your bubble.
    Yup - you're right about that (I discovered that after I posted), but at least it's a fix. It saves me from running to sprint & wasting my day having them deny anything's wrong. I'm willing to wait a short while now that I have a "temporary" fix in hopes that a patch will soon be on the way. I just routinely do the steps mentioned (maybe 3 times a day) & the time scootches back a minute or 3. A pain in the whoozie-what's-it's, yes, but doable for the time being.

Also, my phone did a PDT update this AM (not seen before & have no idea what it means). It usually says unable to locate data service. Hopefully a "patch" of some sort came through & fixed the issue. So far, I haven't had to correct my phone. If it's still wacky, I'll post in a few days.
    Last edited by S-A-S; 01/12/2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: thought of something else
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    2. Location: CHICAGOLAND AREA
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? FAST
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? SEEMS TO FLUCTUATE, MAYBE 10 MINS FAST A DAY

When I notice it is 10 minutes or so off, I will turn airplane mode on for a minute, then turn it off. Clock will then sync up perfectly to official time. A very bad flaw in this phone. Need accurate time for many obvious reasons.
    1. Do you have network time on or off? Happens both ways and network time rarely sets itself in any of the three locations I'm at most - home, work, g/f's.

2. Location: Detroit, Royal Oak, and Dearborn, MI

3. Does your clock go fast or slow? Fast

4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? Gains 1-2 minutes per day. Looking now, I'm 2 minutes faster than the time I manually set 16 hours ago. Pathetic!

5. Do you travel across time zones? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Thanks to all who have provided log files for the issue. We are actively researching this issue any resolution will be provided in a future webOS update. I will also keep this thread updated with the latest information in regards to the issue.
    "future webOS update" is so vague. can we get a more concrete answer? like the one i want to hear is they'll have 1.3.5.2 or something before 1.4 that'll fix this. i'm shocked to see so many people have been having this issue since day 1 and Palm is just now getting around to fixing it in a "future update" *sigh* my phone just started doing this maybe a week ago. i thought i was going nuts. then i found this thread. wow. seems like every time i have an issue fixed another one pops up. i love this phone but i wish it ALL worked ALL the time. ya know?
    Seeing as this is a big issue affecting quite a few people I would like to research this issue further. If you would be willing to assist in providing a log file from the device please PM me.

I would also like the following questions answered

1. Do you have network time on or off?
    Happens either way
    2. Location
    DC Metro area
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow?
    Slow.
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day?
    Seems to freeze at times, then restarts from there. I think it's happening when an alarm goes off. It stays at that time until I do something else, then keeps time from that point forwar. So depending on how long until I turn it back on, could be minutes or hours behind. Oddly, when I saw it off recently, I created a new event with an alarm. The alarm went off when it should have even though the clock showed slow (I.e.an internal clock is correct but the display is behind)
    5. Do you travel across time zones?
    No

I'm going to pull the battery now
    I just noticed in date and time mine was set to the cayman islands and time zone time was on, I turned it off nd selected ny maybe that will help ...

my clock is like 2 or 3 mins fast right now
    Since pulling the battery, the issue has not resurfaced and battery life is improved drastically.
    Check out this homebrew app. It syncs the Pre with the Internet. Works great for me.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/ntp-sync
    Wow.. I never realized there was an issue until I looked at my clock and checked it against the real time. I was 2 minutes fast all the time too. I pulled the battery and restarted... correct time came up. I'm going to keep my eye on this and see if/when it changes. Thanks to the OP for bringing this one up!
    i've pulled the battery multiple times since this problem first popped up. it fixes it until a day or 2 goes by and its right back to doing it again so clearly its not fixing the problem. so annoying. someone fix it for REAL this time.
    1. Do you have network time on or off? YES
    2. Location UK
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? SLOW
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? FEW MINUTES
    5. Do you travel across time zones? I HAVE

when travelling between time zones, as you do in europe, the phone fails to update the time in the country you're in. This results in you having NO idea what time is it, as messes up all the calendar events, and when you do set the time manually it's all messed up.
    I just checked my clock again tonight and it was back to being fast again. A little annoying that Palm has a basic function like this not working correctly (especially since it should simply pull time from the network). {{sigh}}

2. Location USA/Illinois
    3. Does your clock go fast or slow? Fast
    4. How far behind / forward does your clock fall / advance per day? 2-3 Minutes
    5. Do you travel across time zones? Not Recently
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast