Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qbhhs12 View Post
    Mine is running an hour behind, I have toggled all settings. But it seems to switch back to an hour late. Any ideas??
    Are you near the border of a time zone? That sounds more like its picking up the time from a tower in an area that's an hour behind your time. It happens to me when I'm in SW michigan and it picks up a signal from Illinois.
    Quote Originally Posted by slick5150 View Post
    Are you near the border of a time zone? That sounds more like its picking up the time from a tower in an area that's an hour behind your time. It happens to me when I'm in SW michigan and it picks up a signal from Illinois.
    Not even close to a time zone border. Western WI. And it just now switched back to an hour behind.. I had manually changed it, and it lasted for about an hour..
    Quote Originally Posted by qbhhs12 View Post
    Not even close to a time zone border. Western WI. And it just now switched back to an hour behind.. I had manually changed it, and it lasted for about an hour..
    And you have it set to the correct time zone in the settings?
    Only have had a minute difference between mine and my gf's Pre.
    Yes I did have it on Central, then it flipped to a different zone when it was on Auto detect. So now I have it on off auto detect and manually on Central Zone. Works so far..
    WebOS 1.2 does not fix the problem.

I'll do a hard reset with webOS 1.2 if it doesn't fix the problem, i'll call PALM for a replacement...

I just don't know how they are going to react when i tell them that this phone is working with verizon instead of sprint. lol.
    I brought it yesterday to sprint store to check the problem. After 30min the tech gave it back and told me that they are ordering new one for me. So if you have this problem just go to the Sprint store which has tech support and they gonna exchange your Pre.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I dont have insurance, and they are changing it for free...
    mine has been losing time...everytime i reset it goes back to correct time...hmm...didn't have this problem before updating to 1.2.....
    i fixed mine!!!.

I have this webosdoctor.jar version 1.03... I did the hard reset, so everything was erased and i went back to that version of webos (1.03)... then i did the update to 1.2.1, and voila!, it's been several days without restarting and everything is working fine now!!!...

love this phone
    Last edited by lolcatz; 10/12/2009 at 05:13 PM.
    Had this happen to me last week. My Pre was 5 minutes slow. Kinda makes one worried that it's happened before and just wasn't noticed.
    My phone has randomly been wrong several times since I got it. It's very hit/miss on how far it is off, but it is always slow.

Usually 3-10 minutes slow. Then it will be correct. Then it will be slightly wrong again.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Ever since I got my 3rd refurb phone and it was OTA updated 10 1.2.1 the time was almost always off.

Webosdoctor'ed my phone Saturday and its been fine since. Must be an 'undocumented feature' in the updating process.

Cheers,
    Wes
    I finally got tired of this problem and tired of getting the run-around from Palm phone support and Sprint phone support, so I took it into the store. Palm support had told me on two calls that the problem with the time jumping all over the place was that Sprint's network towers were faulty... something that I knew was bull because my wife's phone (Centro) always kept accurate time in the same location as me. So, they told me to turn off network time and set it manually. That didn't fix it, but by the time I let it go a few weeks to see if it worked, I was out of the 90 day window of free support from Palm.

So I went in to the Sprint store, and after an hour wait, the service tech gave me a ticket saying that he turned on network time and the time is correct. I had to go back and explain again (I had already explained this to the sales rep who took my phone for service) that Palm had told me to turn the network updates off and that the time issue occurred with or without network updates on.

After he heard that, he promptly exchanged my phone for a new one on the spot. This was tonight, so only time will tell if I still have the clock problem. My theory is that there was a batch of phones with a defective piece of hardware and all the users in this thread got one from that batch -- we've had how many software updates and it wasn't fixed - plus it's only a handful of users, not widespread as far as I can tell.

So, I'm glad to have a new phone, minus losing all of my application preferences, text messages, call logs, etc ... I like Synergy and the backup for the important stuff, but it'd be nice to be able to back the rest of my data up... should have done more research before switching the phone out.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aclauson View Post
    After he heard that, he promptly exchanged my phone for a new one on the spot. This was tonight, so only time will tell if I still have the clock problem. My theory is that there was a batch of phones with a defective piece of hardware and all the users in this thread got one from that batch -- we've had how many software updates and it wasn't fixed - plus it's only a handful of users, not widespread as far as I can tell.
    I don't know... I've had mine since launch, has been problem free until the past several days... Mine is now running fast by a minute or two and up to 10 minutes.

Driving me nuts!

I am so used to my phone being "absolute network time"...

PALM!!!!!!

Also, similar thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2071227

Mods, can you merge these?
    Quote Originally Posted by plio View Post
    I don't know... I've had mine since launch, has been problem free until the past several days... Mine is now running fast by a minute or two and up to 10 minutes.

Driving me nuts!

I am so used to my phone being "absolute network time"...

PALM!!!!!!

Also, similar thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2071227

Mods, can you merge these?
    I hadn't heard of anyone with the time shifting problem where it didn't start until months into getting their phone - so far I've only seen those with problems from the first day. It could be software, or maybe if there is a hardware problem with overheating ... come to think of it, I've heard a few people say that this happens to them only when charging on the touchstone.

Whatever the issue is, it's not acceptable! I'm hoping mine new phone, which seems to be doing fine on time doesn't start showing the same problem!
    I'm having the same problem. Every morning, I have to fix my time. It's usually about 5-8 minutes fast. Very annoying. I have network time turned off and it still does it. I'm getting ready to go back to my BlackBerry. Too many little bugs like this.
    My wife's has problems. Mine doesn't.

My wife's is on the left. Mine's on the right.

Here's one shot we took. Both had been on network time since we owned them. Both had been in the same room for at least half a day, since it was a Sunday evening and we're not divorced.

Since we've both been conversing with the same towers for the last few hours...I can't say why it would be a network issue. She does go roaming for a good bit of the weekdays, (and I don't), but that was several days earlier.

Here's the first shot we took.

That's the way they've always been set. Mine's always set on 24-hour time--hers is on 12. Why the network chose "Cayman Island Time" as EST is beyond me. Cayman Islands? Seriously? But whatever. The result is:

Thirty minutes off. Personally, I think folks chiming in with a few seconds difference...actually have normal hysteresis. Thirty minutes...that's definitely in the "wrong" category.

But it's not about how many minutes. This is not an analog problem, where the larger the difference the greater the issue, and the smaller the difference equals an almost perfect device. It's not "off" per se. I don't think you're seeing "drift." Y'all are (mis)applying analogue concepts to an inherently digital problem. It's just plain wrong. It goes all over the place. A few hours after those pictures, she's right back on time again.

Then we get this:

THREE HOURS SEVEN MINUTES.

Now, it's back on time.

Is that drift? I don't think so. Is it a problem? Most definitely!

There are some differences in the manner in which we use our phones. For example, she's happy to plop hers on the touchstone all the time. Mine is hardly ever being charged by the touchstone. I'm also a huge user of the data services. She's hardly ever online with hers. I haven't narrowed anything down precisely, I'm still evaluating.

An additional note: we're nowhere near any time zone border. We're Stateside, east coast...as in just a few miles from the ocean.
    Last edited by roygbiv; 12/01/2009 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roygbiv View Post
    My wife's has problems. Mine doesn't.

There are some differences in the manner in which we use our phones. For example, she's happy to plop hers on the touchstone all the time. Mine is hardly ever being charged by the touchstone. I'm also a huge user of the data services. She's hardly ever online with hers. I haven't narrowed anything down precisely, I'm still evaluating.

An additional note: we're nowhere near any time zone border. We're Stateside, east coast...as in just a few miles from the ocean.
    Thanks for the example pics, I wish I had two to set side by side when I was having problems a few weeks ago... or could have sent them into Palm support when they swore that it was Sprint's towers...

Also sounds like could support my touchstone theory, but who knows what the issue really is.

As for the time zone, I'm stateside in eastern time (also nowhere near a timezone border) and I was getting the Cayman Islands as the time zone as well. I thought it accounted for some of my calendar notifications going off an hour before their actual time, so I manually set it to Detroit, USA EST. From a recent precentral article, it sounds like that is more like a bug with recurring events scheduled during daylight savings time than a timezone setting.

Does anyone know if Palm has a public bug tracker or a place to report bugs? It'd probably be a good idea to get as many people as possible to report this to them, including their style of usage.
    I found this thread hoping to find a solution to this problem. I've had my Pre since July and just started having this problem about a week ago. It's driving me nuts. How can it be faulty hardware if it's been working fine for months? Mine didn't start having the problem until the 1.3.1 update. Perhaps it has something to do with a homebrew patch or app we all have installed? Would that explain why some users who WebOS doctor their phone fix the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by danicus007 View Post
    I found this thread hoping to find a solution to this problem. I've had my Pre since July and just started having this problem about a week ago. It's driving me nuts. How can it be faulty hardware if it's been working fine for months? Mine didn't start having the problem until the 1.3.1 update. Perhaps it has something to do with a homebrew patch or app we all have installed? Would that explain why some users who WebOS doctor their phone fix the problem?
    i'm in the same boat as you. although i didn't have any problems when had i had patches installed with 1.2 and it worked fine for a few weeks post 1.3. now i've seen it off by 10 mins all the way up to over 5 hours.

i don't own a touchstone so i don't think the charger is the issue. i keep my phone on the charger whenever i'm near one. usually that's very often and it's hooked up via usb to a pc. i also live in NJ so there is no timezone issue.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast