Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I also have this issue. It's been a few days since the last post, has anyone discovered why this happens and/or how to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by islandguy84 View Post
    I also have this issue. It's been a few days since the last post, has anyone discovered why this happens and/or how to fix it?
    I don't know of any except exchanging it for a new one.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    wow, this is really odd..I have 2 pre's and so far they have both been on the money...
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Mine's accurate compared to one of my stratum 2 NTP servers (within 2 seconds).

Maybe you guys have funkified drift files...
    Quote Originally Posted by xtraspin View Post
    wow, this is really odd..I have 2 pre's and so far they have both been on the money...
    When I returned it to my local store the owner said it was the first he's seen. That, combined with the relatively low number of comments about this issue on this and other forums leads me to believe it's something that affects only a small percentage of Pres out there.

As an aside to those who DO see this issue: how's your battery life? I have no hard data, but my new Pre, which keeps accurate time, has much better battery life than the old one, which always ran fast. The old Pre could barely make it through the day without getting an angry, red low-battery symbol; the new one can make it a day and a half. Coincidence?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    The Pre is a manual. You have to wind it every morning. 15-20 turns and you should be good. Palm made it a manual because, you know, they didn't want anything stealing battery power. ;o)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsteele View Post
    When I returned it to my local store the owner said it was the first he's seen. That, combined with the relatively low number of comments about this issue on this and other forums leads me to believe it's something that affects only a small percentage of Pres out there.

As an aside to those who DO see this issue: how's your battery life? I have no hard data, but my new Pre, which keeps accurate time, has much better battery life than the old one, which always ran fast. The old Pre could barely make it through the day without getting an angry, red low-battery symbol; the new one can make it a day and a half. Coincidence?
    Actually this is my second Pre and the first one did have much better battery life.

Not only that but I disabled the Network time to see if this was somehow causing the issue and I just checked and the clock still moved 3 minutes ahead. Either way I can't seem to have the right time on my Pre!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    i'm the op. i had the clock problem and horrible battery life. clock drifted and battery never lasted much more than 5 hours, turned it in and new phone fixed both. i can now make it all the way through an average day.
    I did not have this problem (that I noticed) until recently. A few days ago I turned off GPS (but kept location services on). Perhaps they are related?

Maybe the Pre uses GPS for time information if it's available, and a bug prevents it from going back to using the network if you turn it off? I just turned on GPS and reset, so I am guessing that my time will be dead on now. I'll report back in a few days.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I've seen the time in the title bar and the time in the alarm clock be out of synch for about a minute but it does catch up. It was kinda weird, especially when I saw it happen. Thought I was seeing things.......... ?
    I've been having the inaccurate clock problem (not too bad on battery life, though) and just contacted Palm support because of it. They told me to turn off the network time settings and set it manually... I asked them why this feature didn't work like it should, and didn't get a clear answer that I could really understand. It was something like the "the time is being updated automatically and is conflicting." I wasn't able to get them to explain it any further than that. I'm considering just taking it back to a Sprint store instead. Or trying to get in touch with a Palm ambassador who I met the week after launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsteele View Post

My girlfriends is having the exact same problem. My clock has always been spot on, hers however has been gaining time like crazy. Nearly 30 minutes fast in the airport the other day. That was not a good feeling.

Took hers in to the Sprint store today and got the battery replaced because it was barely lasting half a day. Charged all night, took off charger at 6am and was at 20% by 1pm.

They said it wasn't a known problem so they can't do anything with it yet. Of course the time was accurate while I was there (always happens) because she had just received a text.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I've had a similar experience. The other day the clock was 30 minutes ahead, however It seemed like an isolated incident. Although I'm never quite comfortable trusting it.

As far as battery my pre eats up juice. I probably get 10 hours of an extended Seido 2600. I'm also very easy on the phone, I keep GPS off and rarely run Pandora. I just chalk it up to bad service.
    I called Palm tech support on this issue - they said it was actually an error with the cell towers' network time in my area and to check whether it only occurs in certain geographical areas. So far, I haven't seen it return in the past few days, but I don't believe Palm's diagnosis. I mean, if it were an issue with the cell towers' time, then my wife's Centro should be having a time problem as well, shouldn't it? Further, I have no clue about this, but it seems logical that cell tower time would be set centrally, not locally. I may try to return my phone if I can get to the store when it is exhibiting the behavior. But it's hard, because it's a phantom issue - it'll be fine for a week, then the time will jump forward 10-15 minutes!
    I'm gaining a minute every day & have to reset it in order to fix. I'll try some of the suggestion above, hopefully one of them will work. If not, I guess I'll exchange it.
    Wow, glad I'm not the only one that has this... but I'm a solid half hour off all the time... I can't take this
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    I was wondering about this but didn't want to make a thread. Mine isnt keeping time either. I went into the settings a week or so ago and made sure it was set to network time (at first it wasn't), but I am still often 3 mins off.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Both of our Pres continue to run fast. I'm waiting to see if 1.2 addresses the problem; if not, it's back to Sprint to swap them again.

In the meantime, I've been making a habit of periodically toggling in and out of airplane mode to force the Pre to grab the correct time.
    If you still got the problem like me post it in Palm forums so they would know

Link
    Mine is running an hour behind, I have toggled all settings. But it seems to switch back to an hour late. Any ideas??
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast