Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    ....and if I use the alarm clock, the system will show the incorrect time, but my alarm goes off correctly. When I dismiss the alarm, the system clock will sync with the alarm and show the correct time until it gradually gets faster again. How weird is that?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i noticed mine started doing it after i downloaded the the weekdays patch for the alarm clock so i uninstalled that patch now i dont seem to be having the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by sknnie View Post
    i noticed mine started doing it after i downloaded the the weekdays patch for the alarm clock so i uninstalled that patch now i dont seem to be having the problem
    This made me wonder if the "Open to Alarm View" patch was causing the problem for me. I have uninstalled it and will report back in a couple of days with the results.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    The patch isn't the problem. I doctored my moms pre a week ago and it's having the issue again. Ni patches or homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    The patch isn't the problem. I doctored my moms pre a week ago and it's having the issue again. Ni patches or homebrew.
    Can't a girl dream?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    My Pre and my wife's Pre just started going fast since 1.35. Hers is speeding up way more than mine (like 90 mins faster than me).
    Hitting the orange key, symbol and R key resets to the correct time, but only for a few hours.
    15 min fast daily on network time in raleigh, nc.

any solution yet?
    a small chip in the corner prevents me from a warranty claim and no ins...
    Just a heads-up, Preset Reset can sync time daily.

Also, I'll be making a patch that syncs time every luna restart
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    You might also want to try Clock Sync. It's fresh in the app catalog. It syncs in intervals down to 2hrs.
  10. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jocsch View Post
    You might also want to try Clock Sync. It's fresh in the app catalog. It syncs in intervals down to 2hrs.
    HMMMM.What supported API does that use to set the clock?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Just wanted to add that I had been having the same problem for the past month+, clock was running slow. For the first couple of weeks I only noticed it 3 times and it wasn't far off but the last 2 weeks it became a daily issue which means my wake up alarm wasn't going off (what good is an alarm with a bad clock?). Standard fix was to go in and out of Airplane mode.

Anyway since I use quick install on my office computer and not at home I went in and uninstalled my patches on Friday, Feb 12th hoping for a weekend 1.4 update. Guess what? no clock issues since (that's 10 days) and I haven't reinstalled any patches yet (but I will after 1.4).

btw, I keep Network Time ON and Time Zone OFF.
    Just within that last couple of days, I've had my time 'stall' where my system time sort of gives up. Several hours will pass while only a few minutes seem to pass on the pre. A reboot seems to resynch the time. I've had it set with Network Time ON, I've switched to to OFF, I'm going to see if it continues.

for the record, I can manually synch it by using
    Code:
    sudo ntpdate pool.ntp.org
    from the command line.
    Ok so I had my Pre set to "sprint only" under phone preferences; network. As soon as I switched it to automatic and turned data roaming on the network time was correct.
    FYI.

This issue was addressed with webOS 1.4.0. so you should not be seeing the issue anymore..and if you are...let us (Palm) know so we can look further.

As always send me a private message if you continue to see this issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  15. one
    Hi, I live in Germany (provider vodafone over debitel) and I have the pre since some weeks.
    The first OS I had was WebOS 1.3.5.2 it was "seldom able to get the network time" (waiting for network time ....) and it was drifting ca. 5 min per week.

Since Saturday I have the 1.4.0. It is still seldom able to get network time (airplane on/off works (mostly) but even if I do not get any "waiting for network" message I do not think is pooling the NTP server anymore after the airplane on/off procedure because
    NOW I have 2-4 min drift every day!
    That's ridiculous!

Any ideas out there? Did really the 1.4.0 update solve your time problems?

The pre support on the telephone yesterday let me do a "delete application" procedure which helped NOTHING except let me pay huge amount of "data money" 270 euro! (I do not have data flat) to reinstall all the applications: THANKS PALM (thanks even not to have saied me that it would have redownoaded all the application and install them again!).
    They suggested me to have a look if this procedure has helped and, in case not, to reset/reinstall the phone using the WebDoctor: I'm not going to do it (i was already stupid enough yesterday to trust the HotLine). The OS is linux based and a deinstall/install has never ever been a linux way of solving problems!

By the way from where does it get the network time? (provider over "tel", provider over "data channel", wireless, GPS, all of them)
    Is it using "true" NTP or what?
    How often does it pool?
    If it drifts so much in my opinion:
    1) it has a extremely bad internal clock
    2) it pools the NTP server too less often / never after the airplane on/off switch!

p.s. I have post it into "Clock Sync - For all those who have problems with time drifting" too.
    Last edited by one; 03/16/2010 at 07:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    from the network (OČ)
    if you are an OČ user. I don't think most other providers offer the kind of network time the pre needs.

just install clock sync, it works. I have 15mins shift a day if I don't use it
  17. one
    This is not the point. A device should keep the time for month keeping the correct time within 1-2 sec with their own internal clock, without the need of re-syncing with some external source.

The pre should
    1) FIRST OF ALL be able to keep the correct time by itself
    2) SECONDLY should be able to retrieve the correct time from somewhere and now and then resync itself!

for decades mobile phones did not have a network time implementation and they always kept time (in an acceptable way for the needs of a human)! Your VCR hat home does not have a network time but it keeps the correct time!

It is nothing extraordinary to be able to keep he correct time WITHOUT the need of being re-syncd!
    I'm in Switzerland and have the same time shift problem even after 1.4. Clock Sync seems to be the only way to get around it.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    FYI.

This issue was addressed with webOS 1.4.0. so you should not be seeing the issue anymore..and if you are...let us (Palm) know so we can look further.

As always send me a private message if you continue to see this issue.
    Whatever was fixed in 1.4 did not address the most serious problem, which is this one.

Quote Originally Posted by zx3junglist View Post
    Just within that last couple of days, I've had my time 'stall' where my system time sort of gives up. Several hours will pass while only a few minutes seem to pass on the pre. A reboot seems to resynch the time. I've had it set with Network Time ON, I've switched to to OFF, I'm going to see if it continues.

for the record, I can manually synch it by using
    Code:
    sudo ntpdate pool.ntp.org
    from the command line.
    I've been experiencing this exact problem ever since the DST change following 1.4.
    The Pre's internal clock just completely stops every time the phone
    goes to sleep. If it wakes up for a second to do some background
    task, then the clock advances one second, and then stops again.
    If I wake the phone up and work with it, the clock advances
    only while it's awake, but stops when I put it to sleep.
    With network time turned on, it will resync to the correct time
    every time the phone is woken up, but the moment I put it to sleep
    the clock stops again. This means none of my calendar reminders
    or alarms go off any more. Nightly backups don't happen, because
    the normal time for them to happen, either never arrives or is
    skipped over by many hours.

If I reboot, the clock will work fine for maybe a day (usually less), and
    then it stops again. It's random enough that I can never trust
    an alarm to go off any more.

I have a suspicion that some others have seen the symptoms
    related to this problem, but haven't made the connection to the
    stopped clock yet, because with network time on, it always *looks*
    ok when they wake the phone up.

ian
    I've found the time on the Pre to be even less reliable with 1.4.

It used to get 3-5 minutes fast every day and I disabled network time and used Clock Sync to sync every 2 hours. This gave me a pretty reliable clock.

With 1.4 Clock Sync doesn't seem to work any more, it will be fine for a day and then stop running (made worse by all the resets caused by 1.4). Even without a reset it rarely keeps running over night so I can't depend on the time at all.

With network time off and 1.4 I am getting 5-15 minutes drift per day and with it on the time is all over the place (always fast though, never slow, so not the same as others are seeing).

BTW, no DST change here in the UK until next weekend so who knows what that will do to the clock?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast